Wet Trim vs Dry Trim and using a machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. I just got used to dry trim. Yes I've bought an ugly car before. A 72 Plymouth fury.
Eweww. You should have seen the attempted "metal flake" paint job I had to remove from a 57 Bellaire.

The thing is, my wet trim is WAY better looking than my dry trim. Crystals were raining off the buds. My trim trayhas a seive/screen built in and catches them. It was quite a pile. When I wet trim, I get a slight dusting of very fine powder only.

Like I said, I'm sure if I started dry trimming I would get it down. But for my dry/cure procedure, I like the wet trim.

Bubba
If you time it correctly and use the proper scissors you should NEVER knock the frost off during a dry trim. Pistols as well. All you should have to do is touch the sugar leaves with the scissors and it will break off. I don't use shears to dry trim. Fly tying scissors work best. Plus there is no gooey mess. Maybe it is just me.

74013.jpg
74013.jpg

Tell me there is no frost on this

I used those for a couple of years , small operation , 20-40 lbs , 3 of us , took about a week

we trimmed with these wet , they would destroy a Bud that was dry , gotta go wet

if you are expecting your buds to look like they are hand trimmed after using one of these salad spinners , you will be disappointed

after a run , we still hand trimmed the buds who still had sticks showing or leaves , the spinner gets about 80-90% of the trim , depending on how long they were spinned

after the initial taste section and hand trim , the buds went into drying racks , then turkey bags and then to the buyers

if you get one , buy some extra blades because you are gonna break several of them…get 2-3 extra sets if you have a lot of herbs to process

also get a can of Pam and spray the rubber fingers and grill , makes for an easy cleanup and keeps the blades from gumming up

now depending on what you are going to do with your finished buds will determine how you want them to look

for personal use , I would not bother with buying one , it’s just one more thing to break and one more thing to raise the price of your herbs

scissors are very cost effective in comparison

good luck

"Small operation, 20-40lbs" Hahahahahaha I'd love to farm that much and make some cash.

I will heed everyone's advice so far and not get the trimmer since I am only growing 2 plants. When I first started I was cramming 6 plants into my 2x4x6 tent. I made beginner mistakes and fucked up my grow. Now I'm growing 2 plants to focus on bigger yields and get more experience. Maybe one day I'll grow more in my tent. Right now, I'm just keeping it simple.

If I do a wet trim, what do you suggest for keeping the scissors clean? Would you rub them with oil to keep the sticky off? Also, I have a 2x2 tent for drying...just put them on racks and keep the humidity at 50%? For how long?

"Small operation, 20-40lbs" Hahahahahaha I'd love to farm that much and make some cash.

I will heed everyone's advice so far and not get the trimmer since I am only growing 2 plants. When I first started I was cramming 6 plants into my 2x4x6 tent. I made beginner mistakes and fucked up my grow. Now I'm growing 2 plants to focus on bigger yields and get more experience. Maybe one day I'll grow more in my tent. Right now, I'm just keeping it simple.

If I do a wet trim, what do you suggest for keeping the scissors clean? Would you rub them with oil to keep the sticky off? Also, I have a 2x2 tent for drying...just put them on racks and keep the humidity at 50%? For how long?
Scrape any resin off the blades for smoking it, then clean with scissors off with ISO Alcohol.

just dip your scissors in water , frequently , and it will help a lot

use a single edged razor blade to clean them if they get to sticky

save the scissor hash and smoke it later or smoke it fresh

If you time it correctly and use the proper scissors you should NEVER knock the frost off during a dry trim. Pistols as well. All you should have to do is touch the sugar leaves with the scissors and it will break off. I don't use shears to dry trim. Fly tying scissors work best. Plus there is no gooey mess. Maybe it is just me.

View attachment 288019View attachment 288019

Looks like a bunny rabbit.

View attachment 288019View attachment 288019

Cute Mouse
1644609259614.png

Latest posts

Back