What’s your tolerance/ intolerance level?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
I read a lot about people that have been long time pot users that have very high tolerance levels. Me I’m a lightweight and even the mediocre pot that I grow gets me high after just a couple tokes... I started smoking pot in high school and did so for a number of years until I took a corporate job that made it not worth the trouble so quit except for the occasional toke. This lasted maybe 25 years until all the kids were gone and I retired a couple years ago. The day after I left work is when I started my first seeds and I was a member here by then so you guys know the rest of my story...
I can see a small advantage of getting a small tolerance factor because I like smoking weed but I can’t smoke much without getting wasted and that’s just not as much fun as getting high... it sure seems that I remember being able to smoke quite a bit more as a kid. I guess it’s never the same as the first time...
Anyway just wondering what the average pot intake is... I’m not trying to pry so don’t answer if your uncomfortable doing so...

2Red, I think you are confusing highs, not the amount that is consumed. When I was in high school, I could easily smoke a joint by myself. Today, absolutely could not smoke a joint, especially an indica joint by myself. Yes total THC has increased, but so have hybrids. Less pure strain sativas out there, for sure.

I guess I’m mostly wondering about how tolerances develope...I suppose it’s not a good comparison between today’s weed and what I smoked in hs...Not even sure I remember what that was like, but I recall enjoying it more. Maybe it was just the joy and carelessness of youth...I’ve heard that you just can’t get that first high back... I do remember the first time though, I was on my way to a Jimi Hendrix concert in Sacramento...

Every time I think my tolerance level has risen I get a really good hit and I am ready to go outside to get some fresh air because I am freaking out a bit. I don't smoke as much as my wife does now and she was a virgin before I met her. Cannabis wise anyway. :)

I have not been high in years. Maybe after I dab a half gram of rosin I get a little buzz. Or, sometimes, the first few joints of the day is a little buzz. I got a pretty good buzz the other day eating rosin.

But, wasted to the point, like my friends, where they say they can't drive or function in public... no way.

I brought this up at mjp and it's surprising how many people smoke as much as I do. I smoke between 4 and 5 pounds a year. It sounded like so much that I was wondering if I was over doing it. I posted at ICM and it seems there are 2 kinds of long term smokers.

Tokers... and non-stop smokers. LOL

The tokers can make a quarter last a week. Smokers are more like an ounce and a half a week.

I thought 5 pounds was a lot but I was amazed that most of the 'smokers' were between 3 and 5 pounds a year.

noooo, I have no idea how many pounds i smoke a year. I think i am better off not knowing. I smoke all day. not a lot, a joint will last me a few hours if i am just working around the house. but then around dinner time, it is on. i smoke a lot more at night.

Re, i think it was partly situational in high school, we snuck somewhere to smoke, you were with your beastie, and it was a bit of a rush since we could get caught. I have had some pot that makes me laugh, but again, it depends who I am with. It isn't the same. But i do love smoking pot. helps pain, gives me perspective....blah blah blah.

We do need to find the "wet your pants fall down laughing" pot that was so attractive in high school. Let's make this a goal of ours.

noooo, I have no idea how many pounds i smoke a year. I think i am better off not knowing. I smoke all day. not a lot, a joint will last me a few hours if i am just working around the house. but then around dinner time, it is on. i smoke a lot more at night.

Re, i think it was partly situational in high school, we snuck somewhere to smoke, you were with your beastie, and it was a bit of a rush since we could get caught. I have had some pot that makes me laugh, but again, it depends who I am with. It isn't the same. But i do love smoking pot. helps pain, gives me perspective....blah blah blah.

We do need to find the "wet your pants fall down laughing" pot that was so attractive in high school. Let's make this a goal of ours.

I eat more than I smoke !-- I can smoke as much as I want but the caps really cut back on how much I want to smoke !-- 4-00 gel caps of fine trim or bud 3 times a day and I can leap tall buildings with a single leap (in my mind)-- Like Rose I don't want to know long as I got enough !

In the winter my consumption runs about 3 oz. a month. During the summer its probably half that. In the summer its mostly Sativa dominates so I can be active. In the winter its Indica doms and I sit around a lot. if I hurt myself,(which happens a lot) all bets are off. I been known to smoke a 1/2 z in a day.

not sure how I would describe my tolerance level,,,ive been smoking a long time ,,,im sure its pretty high ,,,I wish it were lower my weed would last me longer

Pretty sure the weed I had in HS was what Keef calls Mexican brick weed... Back then there was just whatever weed some enterprising young person brought to town and most everybody had the same stuff...it was full of twigs and seeds...soon after high school one of my friends living in the basement of a frat house did grow his bedroom full of pot. He musta slept with blinders on...

I have a high tolerance which I believe comes from not only smoking a lot and smoking for a long time, but also from the fact that when we grow our own, we are generally smoking higher shelf product. And while I do smoke a whole lot, I also share a lot and it is hard to know exactly how much I myself consume. I'm like St. Nick in that my winter consumption is greater than my summer consumption. However, I tend to smoke sativas during the day, regardless of the season. I can say that I had about 8 lbs from my summer grow and it will most likely be close to gone by October. This is not just me though. I pretty much supply 2 other people all of their smoke. I am also making a lot more salve as there is a big demand for it.

I am so thankful to be in a legal state. Here's hoping that not too far in the future, every state is a legal state!

If you smoke pipes, it would be hard to judge consumption unless you set so much aside every day and measured what was left each day and averaged it all out. PITA. For me, I smoke almost all joints. Like clockwork, joints have .5 grams. Save roaches and count them.

I also wrote dates on packs of papers and packs of tips. I am pretty solid at 10 to 15 joints a day. Quarter a day x 365 = 5.7 pounds.

Freaked me out when I first added it all up.

I am forbidden to smoke joints anymore as my dog wilson eats them and it is scary. He looks like Katherine Hepburn in her later years. Indica is ok, but sativa makes me think he is going to die. Scared mr rose bud. So i haven't had a real joint in two weeks and I am jonesing. lol I don't need to know how much i smoke, but i can do a 1/8 th in no time.

Isn’t there some type of tubular joint storage device, just slide it in after taking a few tokes and keeps if from being available to the dog and maybe helps keep it together as well. Kinda like a small cigar tube...

Latest posts

Back