What 10 things would You do if you had 4 yrs to live?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.E.wguy

Product of my environment
Reaction score
just add em as them come to you if u have to ;)

1. give my wife more love

I am here on borrowed time and often wonder how much time some one gave me.

Respect ya pilgrim but must say this here fire will make me more sad then happy so aim to say sorry I cant participate in it. Nothing but respect to ya friend please! Just aims to focus to happy right up until its not then worry about it. Sorry but will be interesting to watch how people feel so be a good thread for some ;)

BWD

ty BWD much respect just interested to see the diversity and possibly idea changers. I live every day as it were my last as I already should have passed long ago if not for mmj :(

N.E.wguy said:
ty BWD much respect just interested to see the diversity and ossibly idea changers. I live every day as it were my last as I already should have passed long ago if not for mmj :(

Thank yual for understandin friend but I will set fireside and try to understand different opinions shared this fire ifin I may ;)

BWD

oh you may my friend we all stand to learn alot from one another even wiyh out talking

Hey N.E nice to meet you.

Sorry to read your troubles.

look your body over, I'll bet you dont find a experation date. Never give up.

~ATTITUDE~
BY Charles Darwin

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of Attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.
It is more important than the past, than education, then money,
than circumstances, than failures, than success,
than what other people think or say or do.

It is more Important that appearance, giftedness or skill.
It will make or break a company...a church...a home...
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day
regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past....
we cannot change the fact people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only Thing We can do is play on the one string we have,
and that is our Attitude...

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me
and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you ... we are all in charge of our Attitude

E/ TY OZ

N.E.wguy said:
just add em as them come to you if u have to ;)

1. give my wife more love

I am here on borrowed time and often wonder how much time some one gave me.

Well i dont know about anyone else. but I am the only one left in my famly and have been told 3 to 5 tops that was 2 yrs ago. I just take everyday as it comes if i get up and here the birds and can be out doors the better. but man dont sweet it we all die some times rich and poor dumb and smart been going on for long time.

Now as far as your ? I can only say be ture to your self as you beleve .

We are all on borrowed time. That is a great quote by Darwin and one I wholeheartedly embrace.

I try and live every day as if it might be my last, simply because we never know whether it will be. I know people that were told they had several months who are still kicking 10 years later. I have known seemingly healthy fit people who dropped dead unexpectedly of a heart attack with no warning. Every day is precious, regardless. I try to wake up every day and reflect on all in my life that is good, rather on what is bad--it makes a h*ll of a difference in your attitude and happiness.

I have no "bucket list". Weirdly, I have done most of the things in my life I wanted to and those that I did not do, I may be too old and broken to do now. I have had a very good, though difficult life. In a lot of ways we each make out own happiness or misery. The best things that has helped me is to be happy for all the this life has given me and spend little, if any, time reflecting on the things life did not give me (but that I probably did not need in the first place).

N.E.wguy said:
~ATTITUDE~
BY Charles Darwin

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of Attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.
It is more important than the past, than education, then money,
than circumstances, than failures, than success,
than what other people think or say or do.

It is more Important that appearance, giftedness or skill.
It will make or break a company...a church...a home...
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day
regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past....
we cannot change the fact people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only Thing We can do is play on the one string we have,
and that is our Attitude...

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me
and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you ... we are all in charge of our Attitude

E/ TY OZ

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to N.E.wguy again.

CatFish said:
Well i dont know about anyone else. but I am the only one left in my famly and have been told 3 to 5 tops that was 2 yrs ago. I just take everyday as it comes if i get up and here the birds and can be out doors the better. but man dont sweet it we all die some times rich and poor dumb and smart been going on for long time.

Now as far as your ? I can only say be ture to your self as you beleve .

Good post and my respect to ya friend thanks ;)

BWD

Hope folks share nice this one but be mighty interestin it will ;) Ill just be readin from here on out cause I sence some danger. Hope Im wrong ;)

BWD

do what makes you happiest...... and don't sit around and wait for it.
hxxp://youtu.be/6xSGLZd9Vg4

i try and live doing the things I fel like doing and doing things I can that need to get done so I can enjoy them thoses are some , if I had four years left I spend it best I could is all I can say

I admit I'm an odd duck. My plan is just my plan. I believe everyone has the right to play their hand their way. I don't see any sadness or anxiety in addressing our inevitable mortality. In fact, I think it's down right healthy to realize we're on borrowed time and no more significant than a grain of sand. There should be urgency in living. I feel sorry for peeps all wrapped up in rules that restrict this life, while counting on a better one next go round.

If I had four years to live, I'd sell my house, load up the dogs and cat, and buy a converted school bus or old "Breaking Bad" style motor home and get on the move. I'd start at the bottom and drive all the way up highway 1, stopping and staying at every rest stop along the way until the road ends. I'd hit every single national park I could reach from West to East. My most profound and life altering experiences have always been alone in nature. The pacific ocean always makes me swoon. I once found a "seat" cut out into the side of a cliff near Point Conception. I sat there and imagined that if I were a god, that would have been my perfect throne. I guess my goal would be to see if I couldn't find a better throne if I looked harder and wider.

I'd avoid people and "opinions" as much as possible. I would refuse medical services except for pain management and I'd never set foot into a hospital. NO ONE can force you to be admitted into a hospital if you're conscious. I'd make a point of keeping my will taped to the refrigerator and I'd prepay and pre-plan my cremation because people just can't seem to stop themselves from taking charge and ignoring a dying persons wishes. There will be no cadaver display.

All I want from people is to take care of my animals after I'm gone and to scatter my ashes into the wind. Everything else, I can handle. And if they can follow those simple instructions, they're welcome to whatever's left.

:yeahthat:

Pretty much where I'm at, too. Thanks for getting it down so well.

Great post!

OldHippieChick said:
I admit I'm an odd duck. My plan is just my plan. I believe everyone has the right to play their hand their way. I don't see any sadness or anxiety in addressing our inevitable mortality. In fact, I think it's down right healthy to realize we're on borrowed time and no more significant than a grain of sand. There should be urgency in living. I feel sorry for peeps all wrapped up in rules that restrict this life, while counting on a better one next go round.

If I had four years to live, I'd sell my house, load up the dogs and cat, and buy a converted school bus or old "Breaking Bad" style motor home and get on the move. I'd start at the bottom and drive all the way up highway 1, stopping and staying at every rest stop along the way until the road ends. I'd hit every single national park I could reach from West to East. My most profound and life altering experiences have always been alone in nature. The pacific ocean always makes me swoon. I once found a "seat" cut out into the side of a cliff near Point Conception. I sat there and imagined that if I were a god, that would have been my perfect throne. I guess my goal would be to see if I couldn't find a better throne if I looked harder and wider.

I'd avoid people and "opinions" as much as possible. I would refuse medical services except for pain management and I'd never set foot into a hospital. NO ONE can force you to be admitted into a hospital if you're conscious. I'd make a point of keeping my will taped to the refrigerator and I'd prepay and pre-plan my cremation because people just can't seem to stop themselves from taking charge and ignoring a dying persons wishes. There will be no cadaver display.

All I want from people is to take care of my animals after I'm gone and to scatter my ashes into the wind. Everything else, I can handle. And if they can follow those simple instructions, they're welcome to whatever's left.

Hey OHC some folk around here just been talkin about yual and wishin yual would still be apart of these forum more regular like. Hope yual pull stump to some fires here cause it sounds like yual be missed some by some. Hope to get to know ya better by the fires ;)

BWD

Latest posts

Back