What a deal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor bongwater

Still Green!
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently purchased a bulb and ballast off of eBay. Both items are from different sellers and one of the two is inop. Does anyone here know how I can diagnose what is the failed part? The bulb seems to be trying to light but it is only slightly visible with the room dark.
One more thing the bulb it was advertised as still being in the original factory wrapping, but the guy wanted to "test it before shipping" and told me after shipping it. So now I have some doubt that the bulb that I received is the bulb that I was bidding on. Could someone please tell me if all agrosun bulbs have badges that label them as an agrosun bulb? I would think that they all would, since I have seen two and both had badges. Although they were both 400 watts and mine is not a 400w bulb.
Thanks for listening to me ramble on....
Prof.

Hello again,
Just in case anyone was reading this, and was at all curious. I finally figured it out! The problem was that the ballast was wired internally for 220v and externally wired for 110v. That is, it had a standard 110v plug on the cord. So now, on to the issue with the bulb. Yes, it appears that some 1000w agrosun bulbs have no signature markings (as said by someone at hydrofarm) and this bulb puts out a nice mixed color.
There I go again, doubting the honesty of people on eBay.
Until next time......
Prof.

Latest posts

Back