What about walls and light reflection ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not gloss ? It would seem to be more reflecting. And why would you want to absorb usable light, or is to much radiation harmful to the plant, or certain parts of the plant ?

The science is, it reflects light better if it's flat white paint. Foil doesn't work and Mylar is a pain in the ass.
I’ve watched hundreds of videos and more than one showed experimentation on different materials reflectabilities. I’m trying to understand the good and bad of this reflection, and it’s possible damaging effects, leading to certain techniques utilized commonly, even in universities studying the subject.

Bro we grow weed. Not sure what it is your wanting. It's really not 🚀 science. It's a fking weed. I've been growing dank for many many yrs. I'll stick to what I've learned growing.

I’m trying to get beyond the thinking of a “ shade-tree “ individual, so I can better choose equipment, techniques, space, nutrients, etc. I want to avoid the stupid beginner setbacks in starting a DWC system.

Don’t be a smartass, lol, I’m trying to get a foothold, so later, I may help others. This includes you.

Don't need your god damn help. And I'm not the smart ass. Your asking the questions that you won't except the answers too,,not me.

Flat white latex paint (85-95% light reflectivity)

This is a highly recommended option for those who can’t invest in a grow tent or for the crafty DIY grower who opts to build a grow cabinet (or a whole room). Excluding the hammered style texture you see in grow tents, this paint will give you some of the best “bang for your buck” of any reflection option. Flat white paint is inexpensive, effective, and there’s no way to create air pockets or hot spots behind the reflective material. Just paint the walls, let them dry, and you’re done!

Use gloss and you will find out.
I wonder, has anyone tried flat white for the walls and floors, but a far more reflective material for the ceiling and top area above the light fixture area, or adjustable with the light fixtures Utilizing radiant from above to it’s most efficiency ? Basically creating a hood beyond the fixtures hood, if it has a hood.

Roster, I've got one of those little gizmos that measure the CO2 in the room and keep it at whatever you want the PPMs at. I've got it and the tank regulator on a timer that comes on a half hour before the lights do, and goes off a half hour before the lights go out.
What some folks to realize is that a plant shuts down when it runs out of CO2. Burn the lights as long as you want, but it won't have any effect on the plant if it has no CO2 to eat.
I did a side by side many years ago with a test group, and the plants that got the CO2 got bigger quicker and had denser buds. I wouldn't bet the farm on it because a control group isn't a perfect indicator.

Roster, I've got one of those little gizmos that measure the CO2 in the room and keep it at whatever you want the PPMs at. I've got it and the tank regulator on a timer that comes on a half hour before the lights do, and goes off a half hour before the lights go out.
What some folks to realize is that a plant shuts down when it runs out of CO2. Burn the lights as long as you want, but it won't have any effect on the plant if it has no CO2 to eat.
I did a side by side many years ago with a test group, and the plants that got the CO2 got bigger quicker and had denser buds. I wouldn't bet the farm on it because a control group isn't a perfect indicator.
I have the set up to do but I did not like it, so the Tank sits still full

IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 544 (2019) 012010 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/544/1/012010
Study on Preparation and thermal reflective properties of energy saving pigments with selective solar reflection
Yunlong Li 1, a and Yuanquan Yang2,b
1 Postgraduate, Shenyang JianZhu University, Shenyang, China
2 Doctoral student, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China E-mail: a [email protected], [email protected]
Abstract. Currently, the color of common reflective insulation coating is mainly white, but the white color coating is monotonous and its resistance is poor, moreover, the reflective performance tends to drop after pollution. In addition, color coating has the advantages of anti-dirty and beautiful appearance, so study on colored paint is of great significance. Based on the principle of three-tone color, the effect of thermal reflective pigments on the near-infrared reflectance of color reflective heat-insulating coatings was studied by blending three kinds of color reflective heat-insulating coatings of orange, green and purple with composite inorganic heat-reflective pigments as raw materials. The results show that the thermal insulation effect of heat-reflective pigments is significantly improved, and the near-infrared reflectance of green pigments can be increased by about 25%. The thermal reflection thermal insulation coating of the green system is 2.78 times higher than that of the same color common thermal insulating coating.
1. Introduction
Thermal reflective insulation coating is the most widely used building materials on exterior wall in the direction of energy conservation. In recent years, it has become a hotspot of research[1]. The exterior surface of the building receives solar radiation can be divided into three parts: ultraviolet region (200-400nm), visible light region (400-720nm), infrared light region (720-2500nm). The visible light region and infrared light region occupy 95% energy that the solar radiation to the Earth surface [2]. Due to the absorption of inorganic pigments and organic pigments in the visible light area, the thermal insulation properties of heat-reflective heat-insulating coatings are adversely affected by common pigments. In order to obtain a better visual effect, the multi-color thermal reflective heat-insulating coating is obviously superior to the white paint, so the study of heat-reflective pigments with both reflective insulation effect and good visual effect is the focus of current research.
There are many research results of near infrared reflective heat insulation pigments based on cooling materials of roof and exterior wall in foreign countries[3]. In 1940s, some foreign researchers began entertaining air with low thermal conductivity into multi-layer aluminum film, and then preparing heat insulation coatings after compounding with it, which opened the prelude of heat reflection heat insulation coatings. The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) began to study the solar reflectance and hemispherical emissivity of pigments in the 1990s, and the pigments were divided into several categories and the effects of the
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. Any further distribution
of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI. Published under licence by IOP Publishing Ltd 1

MEACM 2018 IOP Publishing IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 544 (2019) 012010 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/544/1/012010
properties, composition, roughness and purity of the materials on the solar reflectance were studied [4].

Latest posts

Back