What about walls in a grow room ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67Cuda

Reaction score
It seems that aluminum foil has the best reflecting ability, but I sure see a lot of white painted walls. Then there’s panda film, and a vast amount of reflecting materials. Why doesn’t everyone use aluminum foil, spray adhesive’d to styrofoam insulation board to keep from having hot-spots ? It seems the most useful of light capabilities ?

I saw a meter test that proved very, very different, so I was wondering why the gurus don’t use aluminum foil ? People do use it. The readings were off the charts better than white paint.

I grow in gorilla tents, they have bright silver mylar that is dimpled...I've been told that undimpled silver like the foil can create hot spots...got no experience gluing foil to the walls but I used to use 5' rolls of mylar when not in tents...

Sounds like the route many took according to all the videos I’ve been watching. See, now that’s what I was looking for. I was wondering if the tents reflective surface was textured as to prevent burns and hot spots. Maybe the foil works when you’re very under powered ? Amplifying what little you do have. See, still a plan in the works, lol ! Thanks.

I grow in gorilla tents, they have bright silver mylar that is dimpled...I've been told that undimpled silver like the foil can create hot spots...got no experience gluing foil to the walls but I used to use 5' rolls of mylar when not in tents...

Last edited:
Pure Flat white interior paint. Cleans easy and no wrinkles.

Reactions: gmo

Latest posts

Back