What Am I Doing Wrong To Prevent Mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower
Reaction score
Wellsir ... it's that time again and I'll be starting a new indoor grow. All the plants are outside and the season is coming to an end. When I put the plants outside for the season I don't have any problems with mites. In fact the mites that were on the plants when I put them out died out. Don't know if it is the outdoor conditions or the bugs that eat mites. But once they go outside the mite problem ends.

Last year I cleaned my area with bleach and sprayed with something that is suppose to kill mites several times before putting plants that were new grows from seeds in but still I get spider mites! What am I doing wrong? o_O

Humidity to high, not enough air movement, could just be a couple of reasons.

You could be bringing them into your grow room from outside on your clothing, in your hair. Or pets can bring them in.

Outdoors, mites have literally their pick of any plant they want--the outside is full of vegetation. There is obviously some plant outside, probably close to your cannabis plants that the mites like better than cannabis.

Also make sure that you have treated all your equipment with whatever you are using to kill the mites.

I wish I can find something to please their appetite more than my weed. I would plant one for the mites lol

Latest posts

Back