what am i doing wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
i really need help figuring out clones. i have tried two different ways of cloning with little success.

the clones that i am getting are form my od, witch are all looking healthy. i cut them, then stick them in a galss with water. then bring them home and recut them under water.

the first way i tried was muts tutorial. i followed every exactly like he said except for soaking in the kelp solution. i would have done this step but i could not find any kelp solution. just soaking in plain water would this be just as good? i started 10 clones and all but 2 wilted and died in like 4 days. my room stays at about 85 degrees and i am running a 2' high output floressent. i am using a dome over the to to keep the humidity in, and i have been removing for 2 hours a day. i sprayed the dome once or twice, trying not to keep it to wet.

the other way is with rapid rooters. i keep them in the same room under a dome. these only lasted 12 hours before they wilded and died. what gets me is there was still humidity on the inside of the dome.

if any one could help me out in this process, it would be much appreciated.

I have never taken clones from OD and brought them inside, I wonder if the sudden lack of light combined with the trauma of being cut may be too much for it? Have you tried letting the cuttings stay in the sunshine? I have heard of people who swear by rooting cutting in the window sill, just don't let them get fried.
I use rapid rooters all the time, I use clone gel and PH'd tap water, no problems.

dozer42 said:
i really need help figuring out clones. i have tried two different ways of cloning with little success.

the clones that i am getting are form my od, witch are all looking healthy. i cut them, then stick them in a galss with water. then bring them home and recut them under water.

the first way i tried was muts tutorial. i followed every exactly like he said except for soaking in the kelp solution. i would have done this step but i could not find any kelp solution. just soaking in plain water would this be just as good? i started 10 clones and all but 2 wilted and died in like 4 days. my room stays at about 85 degrees and i am running a 2' high output floressent. i am using a dome over the to to keep the humidity in, and i have been removing for 2 hours a day. i sprayed the dome once or twice, trying not to keep it to wet.

the other way is with rapid rooters. i keep them in the same room under a dome. these only lasted 12 hours before they wilded and died. what gets me is there was still humidity on the inside of the dome.

if any one could help me out in this process, it would be much appreciated.
Whats up dozer42. Tell ya what have you tried Hicks dirt method of cloning? I never took clones before in my life. I took 4 clones all of them lived one of which is now a mother and the other 3 are 3 weeks into flower. Trust me his cloning method is very easy and works great as long as you follow each step.

Latest posts

Back