What am I doing wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb247

JuztBudz
Reaction score
:confused:
I have always started with clones, but my supply disappeared, so I'm using seeds for the first time. I used a mix of Scotts potting soil, amended with perlite, lime and a bit of blood meal. I've used this same mix for a couple of indoor grows with adequate results. Using seeds that have been in a cup til they sink to the bottom. These are old seeds (at least 2 yrs) as I don't want to use my newer, better, known strains til I get this whole seed starting deal going properly...so they are mainly just bag seed. I planted 50 seeds just to ensure that some of them come up. I put them all in the soil before they started to open up and show root and not a one
has popped up and its been about 10 days. They are in a starter tray with a domed cover, I remove the cover to check moisture level a couple of times a day and don't let the soil get to dry. Am I just being to impatient or do I have a problem? They are in 6 oz. styro cups with holes in the bottom for drainage. Help.....pleaze?

Peace...j.b.

I myself wait until the seeds crack open and show a tap root before planting in soil and have great results. I'm not sure about this but your problem could be the stuff you have added in your soil. I know babies don't like nutes and stuff when they are small so maybe they don't like the lime and blood meal. Let's see if we can get a few other members thought's.

Thanx Bro, I guess I'll start over using the tried and true paper towel method. I'll get this grow goin' by hook or by crook.

Peace...j.b.

After you get your seeds to sprout be sure not to plant them to deep. Your not planting them deep like you would the rooted clone. They should be no more than a figernail Under the surface of your soil. If you keep having a hard time with the paper towel method you might try this. Use some good soil thats easy to dig in. You should be able to take you hand and stick it down into the soil by diging with your hand and you should be able to scoop a handfull easy. Make sure is it wet from top to bottom but not with water standing it your pan. Use a plantic container like a dishpan around the size of a shoebox. Plant two to three rows of seeds planing the seeds an inch apart depending on how many seeds you have. Place the seeds just under the dirt surface and very gently press the dirt down. Dont over pack it. Cover the box with a cleer piece of bisqueen plastic and place your grow like or a flo. light just over the top of the plastic but not close enough to melt it. The idea is to heat the box like a green house. Your seeds should pop out growing.

You may want to cut holes in the pan if you plan or leaving the seedlings in the pantill they ourgrow it. And fill the pan about half way with dirt. Example Take a ten inch deep pan fill it with six inches of dirt. Plants will be ok in pan till they get from 8 inches to one foot depending on how many come up. Also you may need to tape the plastic to your pan. Try to keep the warmth from escaping the pan. After they come up remove plastic so u can use the fan to strengthen stems Good luck slim. Sorry so long

Latest posts

Back