What are "raw salts"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2smoke

Reaction score
Raw salts are the individual components of your store bought hydro nutes. It is no secret that the costs vary considerably from one brand to the next. About 18 years ago I began to wonder why one brand cost more than the other, and why people paid more for the same formulations brand to brand. It occurred to me that there is no such thing as magical nutes, so the answer is marketing.

As luck would have it, a good friend of mine flunked out of U of M and ended up in MSU's agricultural school. He confirmed my suspensions and set me free from way over priced water!

I will be starting a tutorial on hydrobuddy which is my go to for mixing up stock solutions in the very near future. Just need to workout how to do so in a manner that is informative and hopefully not too boring.

Thats it for now feel free to ask me anything about raw salts I will try to be informative and accurate:D

2b2s

Nice. I use this method, i have a thread about how i started out Step into my ferts lab . This was a long time ago i have now gained more experience and added some more chemicals to my formula, but i can cinfirm that it is the way professional big scale farmers grow vegetables and crops around the world.

Hey zen , thanks for stopping in. Given the state of the economy I think people will really appreciate the cost of raw salts compared to their current bottled nutes especially when they can replicate it from the label with hydrobuddy:D

2b2s

Latest posts

Back