what are the brown spot on the leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
my 3 week old seedlings , well one of the has brown spots on its leaves what could this be , sorry no pic i need to get some new battiers for the digi :eek:

Moved this post to sick plants for you...everyone posts everything in indoor growing and you will get much better response here. ;)

Where exactly are the brown spots? Top of plant? Leaf tips? Do you know your ph? Have you checked for pests with a lupe or magnifying glass?

I cant tell the pH yet until liek friday when my order comes , there not on the leaf tips like on the leaves , a few on them ... im not sure , i dont think there is any pests but when do have a dog , and shes goes in the room some times but the close it doors are shut but there open some times when im ventaling air through the windows, its cold where i live right now.

Well...don't think a dog is really cause for concern, pests can enter grow on us as well as they can on him. What kind of soil are you using, or are you hydro? Have you fed them at all yet? How cold is cold? Try and keep it at least 65 if possible, especially when they are young.

The temp in the grow room is fine its not to cold , im sure theres not pests yet, there are 6 plants and there in 4x4x4 rockwool cubes , i dont no the pH yet , and i just feed the MG all purpose plant food over the weekend for the first time, the under 2 4ft fluro bulbs , 24 hrs light ,

i orderd a 400watt HPS / MH , light system, FoxFarm 3 pack Nutes, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom , Big Bloom, im going to pot them in 2 gallon pots , and im going to use clay grow rocks

MrOysterhead said:
The temp in the grow room is fine its not to cold , im sure theres not pests yet, there are 6 plants and there in 4x4x4 rockwool cubes , i dont no the pH yet , and i just feed the MG all purpose plant food over the weekend for the first time, the under 2 4ft fluro bulbs , 24 hrs light ,

i orderd a 400watt HPS / MH , light system, FoxFarm 3 pack Nutes, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom , Big Bloom, im going to pot them in 2 gallon pots , and im going to use clay grow rocks

Ahhh...I see, hydro eh? Yeah, you definately are going to need a ph meter...unless you are really good like Stoney. MG ferts are designed for soil and probably threw your ph all out of whack. I'm gonna hope Stoney or Kade will show up to help you through this, I am pretty much a soil guy. I know my brother HGB has great success using FF nutrients and their feeding schedule, just follow advertised dosage schedule.

If u follow the recommended dosages, then typically (unless a white strain) plants will take it.
It is really hard to determine what is wrong w/o a picture... I'd say too low a ph... since u say the heat is low... plants can still be burned by a light even if heat is under control..... just thought i'd add that in.

well thnx ill get some pics up , i need to get some batteries ... my order should be here friday

Latest posts

Back