What are these white spots on the fan leaves???They are in the 5th of veg.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcgill480

Reaction score
BC7B309F-75FB-4BAB-B74E-C430264C9B13.jpeg
5D579DB5-F63C-49C7-AFCF-7761E1E98998.jpeg
3CDDC06D-49DD-45E3-9493-05893078ED35.jpeg

Attachments

• 8F2105BD-4F26-4D83-9236-1E19A797AC5D.jpeg
    8F2105BD-4F26-4D83-9236-1E19A797AC5D.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2
I had an issue with fungus gnats in another tent in the basement, so to be safe I put Diatomaceous Earth on the top of the soil to kill any fungus gnats that may reach this tent! Thank you in advance for the help I am a new grower, this is my 2 nd run with Photoperiods and I’m currently in my 3rd run with Autoflowers but this my first time seeing these spots! Have a great day on purpose everyone!

Pyganic. I have a bag of diatomaceous earth. It is unopened. Once I read about it, I wouldnt open. If flyable, you dont want to breath any of it.
It will do to your lungs what it does to the critters. I see a lot of folks talking about it and using it, you are not alone. Pyganic for the win, or if you are flush, Azamax works the same trick.

Bubba

You can also let the soil dry, (they hate non wet soil) and feed water from the bottom. I like Pyganic or Azamax, both organic.

Bubba

I havent had fungus gnats do those spots, I would look at the back of the leaves for early signs of spider mites. PYGANIC for sure if that is the case!

Bubba

Check for mites! Gnats are easy to control, spider mites can quickly cause some trouble.

Bubba

See if the spots wipe off with damp paper towel , if not it's in the leaf
Yep good indication of the dreaded Spider Mite.
1633894466274.png

Thank you so much everyone… I checked the back of the leaves and I saw what I found to be either white aphids. They looked like white flies with no wings. I ran to the store and purchased some neem oil, and I will spray the plants as soon as the lights cut off. I really really really appreciate all the help and support, you all are great. Thank you!

Thank you so much everyone… I checked the back of the leaves and I saw what I found to be either white aphids. They looked like white flies with no wings. I ran to the store and purchased some neem oil, and I will spray the plants as soon as the lights cut off. I really really really appreciate all the help and support, you all are great. Thank you!
Like this
1633904346300.png

Good, you don't want aphids. They are harder to get rid of than mites. They live in the soil. Aphids usually aren't found indoors. Pyganic or Azamix would work better than neem imo. What ever you have don't let them get into flower.

Last edited:
I started with these 2 sprays and neem oil. I figured out I had them right as I was getting ready to flip. Sprayed everything. Soaked stuff a couple of times. I think I went through 2 times hauling everything outside my place in the very early morning hours and spraying everything down with a garden hose. Even sprayed my hydroton. Waited for maybe a week (Impatience I Guess and very bad on my part) Dying to get to that Cinderella 99. Went on into 12/12 thinking that it was over. Was not too long and they were back for vengeance. I ended up covering everything with food grade Diatomaceous Earth. Nothing. In fact the DE only seemed to make them stronger. These things ate through leaves that were covered with the stuff. Knowing now what I didn't know then, If I had it to do over again I would have killed off everything and started the cleaning/spraying and disinfection immediately. This may not be the case for you. And I hope it isn't. There are people here with much greater experience than me and they are friendly and willing to help. Keep reaching out, and good luck.

Attachments

• OctTenSpray.jpeg
    OctTenSpray.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 11
  • aug23A (1).jpeg
    aug23A (1).jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12
  • aug23D.jpeg
    aug23D.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 12
  • aug23E.jpeg
    aug23E.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 13
  • aug23a.jpeg
    aug23a.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 11
  • aug21a.jpeg
    aug21a.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 11
  • aug21b.jpeg
    aug21b.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 11
You gotta get the eggs. DON'T FLIP UNTIL THEY ARE MITIGATED. IMO Azamix once every other day 4 times to be sure. Use a 360 sprayer to get under the leaves. That is important...the rest is up to you. I will say this bugs or PM you got it bad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back