What can it has and how do I fix it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to say it is used with a little adjustable stand, and plugs into your phone or computer. I use it on my phone, comes right on when plugged into phone. Inexpensive digital cameras and their resolution has come a long, long way.

Bubba

Did you move it to a more airy and less humid place with natural light? or as it was the place of the tents that improved? thanks.
I moved it from my bedroom under so so plant light to my tent with spider light. They had been growing in veg stage under the so so light while they waited for their turn in the tent. Also my tent provides better ventilation and plant movement with the fan. I’m working on moving the humidity up a bit as it’s super low but the same as in the house. All new growth does not have the problem with the leaves. But as everyone says here, you need to make sure it’s not critters. Best way is to look closely at them. Do the spots on the back of the leaves wipe off?

I forgot to say it is used with a little adjustable stand, and plugs into your phone or computer. I use it on my phone, comes right on when plugged into phone. Inexpensive digital cameras and their resolution has come a long, long way.

Bubba
It is difficult for something from abroad to enter my country...
Well apparently I can buy one that has 60x ..although some opinions are good and others not so much. It comes with 3 batteries and uv led.

Bubba
This is the 60x one, although there are mixed opinions about its quality...
I just asked him if it is to connect to the cell phone or to see directly.
If not I can buy a 15x glass one.
At how many x magnification do you see the mites?
1643485945154.png

This is the 60x one, although there are mixed opinions about its quality...
I just asked him if it is to connect to the cell phone or to see directly.
If not I can buy a 15x glass one.
At how many x magnification do you see the mites?
View attachment 287039
Like I said, you can see them with the naked eye. Take an infected leaf, cut it off, turn it over and look close. If you see webbing like a spider web you got em. By the way a female can lay 50 eggs a day and those eggs turn into adults in 7 days. You can have thousands of them by the time that contraption arrives.

61CLmYGD72L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is what I use. Hand held.....60 to 120 for $13 at Amazon.
I have one of these also. works, but like all hand helds hard to keep distance from bud to microscope constant, so focus constantly changing with movement. fine to scan for ambers, but if I want to look carefully, the stand holds it a constant distance, so once focused. it stays there. Advantage is, easier to look at buds "on the plant" with this one ive got to get the bud to the scope and held down in some fashion and then move scope towards it.

6 of one...

Bubba

I don't see any larvae. I can remove the small spots with my hand, but I don't want to remove them all because the leaves are brittle.
I definitely would get some pyganic or captain jacks. If it’s in veg state it wouldn’t hurt anyway.
Definitely looks like bugs!

I have one of these also. works, but like all hand helds hard to keep distance from bud to microscope constant, so focus constantly changing with movement. fine to scan for ambers, but if I want to look carefully, the stand holds it a constant distance, so once focused. it stays there. Advantage is, easier to look at buds "on the plant" with this one ive got to get the bud to the scope and held down in some fashion and then move scope towards it.

6 of one...

Bubba
Agree but after a while you get good at using it.

I don't see any larvae. I can remove the small spots with my hand, but I don't want to remove them all because the leaves are brittle.
Those small spots are probably mites.

this is what a mature spider mite looks like...chances are it's best to tear down and sterilize...if you've got mites you'd wish you had after 4-5 sickly grows...many a good grower has wasted a years worth of work "containing" the borg...

Attachments

• borg-two-spotted-spider-mite.jpg
    borg-two-spotted-spider-mite.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3
I definitely would get some pyganic or captain jacks. If it’s in veg state it wouldn’t hurt anyway.
Definitely looks like bugs!
Captin Jack's, you mean Spinosad? Won't work on mites. You have to kill the eggs as well. If not they hatch and start all over. Pyganic, azamax or similar will solve the problem. IMO you can beat spider mites in veg flower is a real problem. Like boo said.....clean the room. If you get russet mites ..... Stick a fork in it.

Are the brown leaves caused by mites? Or maybe they have been burnt by too much sun? or by mites, fungus and too much sun?

Latest posts

Back