What do I add to my tea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennerj59

Reaction score
I love the results from the compost/vermipost I make. I’m using a good organic compost w wc, seaweed fertilizer and molasses. Aeriation of course.
My question is what can I add to promote veg growth and likewise on flowering. Also. Is it better to brew in dark or in light. I have a bucket brewing in my flower tent. Am I killing all the microbes and organisms by exposing them to light for 12 hrs? Should I cover it? Thank you for any advice.

Put a lid over the bucket. I use a 55 gallon Rubbermaid trash can with a lid that sits on the back porch.

Bumping to add that if you have horsetail growing in your area, it can be boiled, cooled, strained, and the liquid added to your tea a a source of silicates, which strengthen cell walls against insects and fungus.
Horsetail looks kind of like a grass but is a primitive plant more closely related to ferns.

I'd look for some "tried and true" tea recipes. There are tons of them online. I generally add guanos to my teas. High N for vegging and high P for flowering. Comfrey is a good tea ingredient.

I found my tea recipe, it was in the shed, bud makes it weekly.
This is for flowering, if you are vegging, substitute worm castings for the guanos.
Here is the recipe for one gallon:

Unsulfured Molasses 1 tsp per gallon
Seabird Guano 1-2 TBL per gallon
Liquid Kelp (0-0-8) 2-4 TBL per gallon
Azomite micronized 2 tsp per gallon
Liquid Bone Meal (0-12-0) 2-4 TBL per gallon
Air bubblers, brew for 48 hours covered.

That is it, this is a good recipe imo, we have used it for 2 years now.

Latest posts

Back