What do they mean when they say...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genuine

Reaction score
First, if this is in the wrong place please forgive me.

I notice in strain descriptions a lot of times it will state something like yield=500gr/m2. That kind of confuses me, because you could do a SOG with like 9-12 plants or you could have 3 decent sized plants in that m2 and possibly get that 500gr they claim. So what exactly do they mean when tthey say something like that? whats the actual nominal amount of yield you can expect from a SINGLE plant in a 500gr/m2 yielder? IS their a way to convert that to calculate yield per plant?

This is a seed i was looking at and is one of many examples of what im talking about

hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/pick-and-mix-barneys-farm-phatt-fruity-feminized/prod_1785.html

Personally I'd say no, there's no real number that people will be able to give you. It all has too many variables to be able to accurately work it out before you harvest the plant and allow it to dry/cure.

I would ignore any yield suggestions from descriptions, harvest time too for that matter. JMO

I believe that is grams per sqr meter but like sparda said....way too many variables to tell ya what you will yield.

Johny Weed said:
1 square meter is perfect for one plant isn't it?
It depends on the strain and how yu want to grow it. If it is a big branchy sativa then no it will be tight. If it is a stubby indica grown single cola, then yu can put 9 of those in 1 square meter. If yu have a mixed breed of 50/50 sat/ind and yu know the pheno on how leggy or branchy it grows then that could be just right.:)

Genuine said:
First, if this is in the wrong place please forgive me.

I notice in strain descriptions a lot of times it will state something like yield=500gr/m2. That kind of confuses me, because you could do a SOG with like 9-12 plants or you could have 3 decent sized plants in that m2 and possibly get that 500gr they claim. So what exactly do they mean when tthey say something like that? whats the actual nominal amount of yield you can expect from a SINGLE plant in a 500gr/m2 yielder? IS their a way to convert that to calculate yield per plant?

This is a seed i was looking at and is one of many examples of what im talking about

hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/pick-and-mix-barneys-farm-phatt-fruity-feminized/prod_1785.html
Just throwing this out but I look at those numbers as being the best outcome when the plant is grown under optimal conditions, with a bit of "sales-stretching" thrown in for good measure:hubba:

Latest posts

Back