What do you do about humidity outdoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I am growing two plants outside and they are going great and the colas are getting fat, so I have been wondering how to avoid rot/mold in late flower outside when the humidity is 60-75%. When growing in a tent, I can turn on a dehumidifier in late flower to get the humidity down to 30-40%.
I don't let the plants get rained on and I bring them into a greenhouse at night so they aren't getting the full dew or any rain and I always just water the pots, not the plant, but is there a fair chance of getting mold in one of the fat colas, and is there anything outdoor growers do the reduce humidity?

Nothing. It helps the plant grow. When its budding its mostly better but plants will make it through rain and everything. There plants.

I am growing two plants outside and they are going great and the colas are getting fat, so I have been wondering how to avoid rot/mold in late flower outside when the humidity is 60-75%. When growing in a tent, I can turn on a dehumidifier in late flower to get the humidity down to 30-40%.
I don't let the plants get rained on and I bring them into a greenhouse at night so they aren't getting the full dew or any rain and I always just water the pots, not the plant, but is there a fair chance of getting mold in one of the fat colas, and is there anything outdoor growers do the reduce humidity?

if i had a green house wherein i was moving the plants to at night and a dehumidifier---run an extension cord into the green house---and/or---try Dr. Zymes Eliminator, OMRI rated insecticide/fungicide---i too live in a high rh area---used dr zyme last year with good results---the usual 10% rot/mold was reduced considerably

I guess it can help to do some trimming to the lower leaves that are shaded or yellowing and the tiny suckers that are coming from the stems, keep the airflow as good as possible do some training to the branches spread them apart and then in late flowering you can remove dying leaves. In some cases and some strains, no matter what you do short of lowering rh you might get some bud rot so good luck

orangesunshine, good to know about the Dr. Zymes Eliminator, thank you, sir.
zem, good info to put to use, it sure will help, thank you also, sir.

Latest posts

Back