What do you guys think???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teckS

Reaction score
Im really new to this, and i know that you cant really tell the sex untill flowering, but here are my plants 1.5 months into veg, any idea what they might be?

HPIM0419.jpg

Plant1.JPG

Whats up teckS. You plants look good other than the stretch. How far away do you have your lights from your plants?

yeh i agree, try steakin um b4 they flower

The lights are fairly close.. buti dont know how close to put my spot-gro because it gets fairly hot.. its about 8" away right now.. is that too close or too far? and what does "streaking" mean? sorry about because a fricken nub at this lol

teckS said:
The lights are fairly close.. buti dont know how close to put my spot-gro because it gets fairly hot.. its about 8" away right now.. is that too close or too far? and what does "streaking" mean? sorry about because a fricken nub at this lol
Do you have a fan in your grow room blowing on your lights and plants? If not you should think about getting one. Not only will it help with cooling your light but it will also help strengthen the stems on your plants. Steaking means putting a piece of wood or something in your pot and tying your plant to it for support.

I do have a fan blowing in the grow room, i can point it more towards the plants if that would help. IF i point it directly on the plants then bend a bit but dont fall over, the root system and stem are pretty strong. I moved the light a little closer this morning and its not burning the plants. Would it be a good idea to "streak" the plants and then turn the fan more towards them or put it on a higher setting??

teckS said:
I do have a fan blowing in the grow room, i can point it more towards the plants if that would help. IF i point it directly on the plants then bend a bit but dont fall over, the root system and stem are pretty strong. I moved the light a little closer this morning and its not burning the plants. Would it be a good idea to "streak" the plants and then turn the fan more towards them or put it on a higher setting??
I myself would try and put the fan more on the light to keep your plants from burning. Try and put yor fan so its aiming on the light and the plants both but more on the light. This is what i do. Hope this helps ya out. If not we will try something else.

How can i tell if my plants are getting too hot? i know the temperature range i should be in but i dont know how close i can put my light without harming the plants.. i dont really want to experiment cuz they i could burn them.. are there early signs of overheating like wilting of something?

teckS said:
How can i tell if my plants are getting too hot? i know the temperature range i should be in but i dont know how close i can put my light without harming the plants.. i dont really want to experiment cuz they i could burn them.. are there early signs of overheating like wilting of something?
This what i do. Take your hand and place it right above your plants palm down so your hand is touching them. Lower your light until it feels luke warm on the back of your hand. If it feels hot then you have the light to close. Hope this helps ya.

ok i did that and set the light to the right height.. i have one problem with my plants... some of the leaves.,, maybe 2 nodes down from the top.. look like they have a bite taken out of them, they look really healthy, very green, no brown or yellow spots, not even the line where the bite is has a brown outline, so it makes me think its just a deformity.. but caused by what? genetics? my nutrients?

teckS said:
ok i did that and set the light to the right height.. i have one problem with my plants... some of the leaves.,, maybe 2 nodes down from the top.. look like they have a bite taken out of them, they look really healthy, very green, no brown or yellow spots, not even the line where the bite is has a brown outline, so it makes me think its just a deformity.. but caused by what? genetics? my nutrients?
Not sure teckS. Can you get a close up pic of the problem?

k here are the pics.. the strange cut is the first pic the second 2 are some other problems i had early on but did not carry on to the upper leaves, all of these problems are old and only on lower leaves i just want to know how to avoid it in future plants

I think the last 2 pics are nute burn because i over used my nutes early on.. i may be wrong tho.. lol im stil really new to this. but its fun as hell !

burn2.JPG

burn1.JPG

burn3.JPG

anybody? whats wrong with my plants :(

teckS said:
k here are the pics.. the strange cut is the first pic the second 2 are some other problems i had early on but did not carry on to the upper leaves, all of these problems are old and only on lower leaves i just want to know how to avoid it in future plants

I think the last 2 pics are nute burn because i over used my nutes early on.. i may be wrong tho.. lol im stil really new to this. but its fun as hell !
Whats up teckS. Well as you said you over used your nutes early on. I think you may be right. I would just give them plain water for now and see what they do the next few days.

Excuse me did you say you're using a spot-gro as a light source?
Those are incadescents and WILL NOT grow pot at least not enough to get you buds.
Your plants are too sparse and skinny for 1.5 months, classic signs of not enough light of the correct spectrum.

teckS said:
anybody? whats wrong with my plants :(
Hey teckS, good to meetcha. Hey, don't feel bad about making mistakes on your first grow. We all did. I know of no one who got it all right on the very first grow. You should have seen my first inside grow. I gaffed up the flowering real bad. Hell, I'd only done outside grows at that point and I really didn't know crap about inside grows. We all learn as we go.

First, Take that spot light and throw it as far as you can into the woods. Good, now it's where it belongs.

For your vegetative growth, if you want to save some money, go to Home Depot or any place that sells "Shop Lights". A shop light in this sense, is a two bulb fluorescent fixture that is four feet long. One of these lights sells for about 10 dollars. That's the best thing you can do for your plants right now. Put the bulbs of the shop light no more than 4 inches from your plant tops. This will keep them from stretching.

Also, the word that you're mistaking is not "Streaking", it's "Staking" as in putting a wooden STAKE next to your plant to hold it up. Because you had to have that damn spot light so far from your plants, the plants have STRETCHED for the light and this has caused your nodes, (the space between the branches on the stem), to grow longer than is good for the plant. If you leave a fan blowing a LIGHT breeze across the plants, it will cause the stems to become stronger. That is a good thing to do. It may make it so you don't have to stake your plants. I would stake them loosely anyway for insurance.

Have you read any grow guides? If you're like most first time growers, you probably haven't read anything much.

Click on this link to go to the Marijuanapassion Grow Guide: CLICK HERE

The reason for reading this guide is twofold. It will help you realize that to grow high quality pot, you need high quality knowledge. Secondly, it will make it possible for the advanced growers to help you refine that knowledge into a good base of growing instruction for you.

If everyone has to tell each person the basics, over and over, too much time will be spent repeating the same things. All of this information that you've been given so far is in that guide.

Please read it. You'll learn a bunch from it.

Good luck man! After you have your basics down, come on back and we'll explain all the stuff that wasn't clear to you.

Thanks!

ok great thanks alot Stoney, i am waiting to toss out this spot-gro i know its no good but its been doing an OKAY job, but certainly not good. I also have 2 Gro-lux floros on them and they are doing pretty good as of now. Lol i didn't think the word was "streaking" but was told it was in another thread.. and not knowing any terms i assumed i was wrong. the plants stems are fairly strong as of now and the fan is not knocking them over. I have read alot of grow guides and thats why i knew that the gro-lux was my best bet for now and the spot-gro was just lying around so i used that. any money i get right now is going to saving for my 430 watt Son-Agro HPS. I keep reading more and more grow guides and different set ups hoping ro refine mine to as good as i can get it. as soon as i get the rest of my stuff this will be my setup.. tell me what you think of it

1 x 430watt Son-Agro HPS
2 x 20watt Gro-Lux Floro
10-15-10 Schultz PLant Food
Fan
Ozone generator
Ducted Fan and Ventilation system from Rona
Mylar sheeting from ebay
More plants

I should have all this stuff by the time flowering starts, think i will be better off then? BTW would it be better right now to just have the 2 Gro-Lux on the plants? or should i keep the spot gro going on them until i get the HPS?

this is my setup now (as of today)

new_setup2.JPG

new_setup4.JPG

They are looking very healthy and green, you also have cool light setup!

http://dooball.ytmnd.com/
YEEAH! the shorter of the plant is preflowering as female... i got tonnes of little pistils! wooooot, but the taller has not preflowered yet.. should i just put them both into flowering now? or wait until they are both preflowering? and btw the taller of the 2 ( the one that has NOT preflowered) is shower alternating nodes on the new shoots but the shorter of the two( which IS preflowering ) has NO alternating nodes anywhere... whats the deal??!?!

Pistils_BITCH.jpg

Latest posts

Back