What else has everyone got growing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies, its good to see so many people growing lots!

Well I've just about managed to resize some pics I took last week.

So here's 2 pics of my jalapenoes (the second picture - that big fat stem on the left foreground is one of my fella's lantern chilli plants - they look so much better than mine :rolleyes:) and one of one of my lime basils. This one had some bug issues, but seems to be fine now...as you can see :D

The last pic is of the same lime basil, along with my 43 day old Lowryder no.2 and a butchered money plant bouncing back..

Hope everyones having a good day :D

Jalapenoes.jpg

jalapenoes 2.jpg

lime basil.jpg

7.jpg

well... in my front yard... I have some real scragly look'n grass... totally interspersed with multitudes of broadleaf weeds... I just killed off the moss that had taken over half the front lawn, so it's mostly a bunch of blackish looking stuff that didn't get raked out...

in the backyard, I've got a lawn that looks pretty much the same, except I've got wild bamboo growing EVERYWHERE in the back and blackberries, too :D ... oh... along with my pot plants :woohoo: :cool:

I got a pineapple plant just started in a burp and gurgle bucket in my living room. I also just got some crazy purple vine to root and it will be getting planted soon. Just got two cuttings from a 25 foot rubber tree today that will be going into a burp and gurgle bucket in a couple days once it drys out for about 3 days. Umm what else, there is a gentlemens orchid that I started about a month ago that I'm hoping will hold on. Couple of cacti an aloe vera plant and a zebra plant. I get more from my hydro store every time I go. They give plants away for free. He is going to get me a gogi bush started once his cuttings take off and can be cloned themselves.

In the Patch

Asparagus
Aubergines
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Sweet Peppers
Sweet Corn
Carrots
Brussels Sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower Flower
Courgettes
Cucumber
Onions
Leeks
Beetroot
Broad Beans
Salad Crops, various
Rhubarb
Blackberries
Raspberries
Kiwi plants, in pots waiting to be wall trained.
and just a few flowering plants:watchplant: :aok:

nice flowers.
cherry tomatoe, jalepeno, kiwi, vine (unknown, looks plastic), and cherry tree im hoping to bonsai. Oh i almost forgot the ba-zillion spider plants my friends havent picked up yet. :farm:

Some pictures of the fruits of my labour for all to enjoy :)

1) My Lemon Corriander seed harvest
2) Freaky Red Sunflower with petals coming out of its middle!
3) A Normal Red Sunflower - how gorgeous are they!
4) My current biggest Jalapeno - measuring about 3.5cm at the moment (half way there!!!)
5) Jalapeno Flower
6) Lots more jalapenoes - Lots of curries and chillis to be cooked me thinks!
7) Money Plant clones - really doing well this summer!
8) Sarracenia - One of the carniverous plants we have, doing its job!

Gotta love gardening!

Have a great day/afternoon/evening everyone!! :)

corriander beans.JPG

freaky sunflower.JPG

red sunflower.JPG

jalapeno.JPG

jalapeno flower.JPG

jalapenos.JPG

money plant clones.JPG

sarracenia.JPG

Hey Thorn...does that Red sunflower get sunflower seed that you can eat?

all it seem i can grow is weeds...lol

beautiful pictures thorn,,,
them sunflowers are cool:cool: thorn never seen em that red before
and i love the one of the fly being suckered in :eek:

and with mystic,meg 4u2sm0ke :giggle:there predicting your future them mint lows will be looking even better :48:

Beautiful pics Thorn. the sunflower is one i have never seen before. I used to grow all size and color sunflowers and never saw one like that in a seed cataloge. Your garden must be a huge joy to you. thanks for sharing it.

great lookin grow there.my girlfriend doesn't allow me in the garden,except to help her pick beans,snap beans that is.other than that i have 2 cayene peppers and one jalepeno,sitting on my back deck in 5 gal buckets.and we have 4 acres here.lol not allowed to grow outside.shes scared i will slip something into the patch,lol.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Yes those seeds you can eat! But I will be harvesting them and drying them and then will see what I've got. Some of my friends have already asked for some for next year! I will definately plant these again in years to come. I may even sell some seeds on ebay if I can. We'll see..

It is nice to have something of my own growing for a change - the last 3/4 years I didn't have a garden I could use, so now i'm making up for it! :D

I will definately come back with an update once I have some of my own sunflower seeds! Thanks everyone!

This is such a beautiful way of life.God's righteous herbs. And it came to pass upon holy cosmos in the cremation of the righteous herbs. Amen.........I figured out my plant problem and my plants are gorgeous.There about 6ft tall green fluffy and buddin.Put them outside mother nature took over.There awsome. Thanks for all the advise.Keep on tokin

thugluv420 said:
This is such a beautiful way of life.God's righteous herbs. And it came to pass upon holy cosmos in the cremation of the righteous herbs. Amen.........I figured out my plant problem and my plants are gorgeous.There about 6ft tall green fluffy and buddin.Put them outside mother nature took over.There awsome. Thanks for all the advise.Keep on tokin

ya need to take some pics, bud... and put them in a thread of yer own to show off yer stuff :aok:

I forgot to mention, thorn... I had thrown some potatoes that were getting a little old and growing eyes into a pot of my mj soil in the back yard along side (well... on the other side of the lawn) the ULT's. :p

here's a pic...

Well I have just started 40 English Burr Oak Acorns.... Hopefully I can get them to germinate. I also start a pretty large patch of American Ginseng in the woods where I hunt and I have a couple more pounds of seed and going to start a bunch indoors in some tubs.... Just to see if I can do it :hubba:

HippyInEngland said:
Eaten any of the chillies yet Thorn?

Oooh yea! Its strange... we picked some small underdeveloped jalapenoes and put them on a pizza and it was seriously the hottest thing i've ever had! THEN we decided to make a curry and put 4 of these babies in and there was no spice at all :confused2:

On the other hand we made a pasta with a jalapeno and one of the lantern chillis and om my goodness it nearly blew my friggin head off!

Thanks for droppin by guys, I actually have some new additions to my garden that I bought yesterday and need a little help with...

Pictures to start with!

1) Orange Habenero (YUM!)
2) Not sure - miniature orange peppers?
3) Both plants together
4) Ripening Habenero :D
5) Sunflower heads waiting to be sorted for seeds :p
6) My money plants doing REALLY well plus a spider plant baby that fell off its mother!
7) Odd shaped FAT Jalapeno pepper!
8) Lantern Chillis
9) Jalapenos galore!
10 & 11) Red sunflower seeds - these are only from 2 heads... I have so many more to do! Think I might start selling these puppies :D

Ok so the new ones are the habenero and that miniature pepper plant. Firstly just want to know if the habenero will continue to grow or if it will die off in winter?

Second, I really don't know what that miniature plant is all about. One pepper fell off so we cut it open and it smelt just like a regular bell pepper only tiny hehe. Does anyone know anything about these? Are the edible or just for show? Either way I don't mind as its so cute! It was far too top heavy and falling over and extremely rootbound so I rescued it and staked it up in that bigger pot :)

Hope everyone ok today :)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.jpg

11.jpg

what with the conkers in the photography thread? Yes actually I am! I haven't played conkers since I was about 9 lol! And of course now....health and safety...might knock out an eye! lol

Latest posts

Back