what ever happend to drive-in theaters

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

as i was getting stoned i thought what ever happend to drive-in theaters? i remember when i was a kid we wen't all the time. we would walk in through the back with a beerball and get fucked up. where i live you gotta drive like 100 or so miles to go to one now. do any of you have a drive-in where you live or close by? what are your memories?

Hell yeah. I remember loading up the truck and parking in the back with a quarter barrel of bud and tons of smoke. Never really watched the movie though. :D

The few that are around now have a setup whereby you tune your car stereo to a certain station to pick up the movie sound. That's bound to be better because I remember at least one circumstance where a carload of us overindulged and tried to drive off with the little grey speakerbox still hanging onto the window. Needless to say, the window of the car didn't survive the episode.

about 50 miles ,me and the old lady go about 2 3 times a year (still fun fooling around in the car ,only there so small now )

rasta said:
about 50 miles ,me and the old lady go about 2 3 times a year (still fun fooling around in the car ,only there so small now )
What's so small now? Hell, I've had that problem my whole life.

Hhahahaahaha

drive in sound cool as hell i never been to one but i wanna go to one all budded out and still smoke some more hot boxing the car

Ok ya got me started here.
When I was in high school drive-ins were where we'd be on a Fri. or Sat. nite.
Me and about 3 or 4 other friends.
When they chraged per person someone (or 2) would always hide in the trunk. Eventually they charged by the car instead.
Monster movies were the big thing back then. And westerns.
Then, when I graduated and got my own car and started dating, mmmmm.
Because drive-ins were passion pits. It was a safe place for teens to go and neck.
To keep patrons from getting carried away, the drive-ins in my area hired a guy or two who would walk patrols through the lot, wearing long white coats.
I didn't go much when I was married, but about the time I got divorced vans started getting real popular. So I bought one, fixed it up inside with cabinets and a bed and buddy I was in business.
Vans were relegated to the last few rows in the drive-in (because of their size). We parked backwards and opened the rear doors.
The had abandoned the white coat patrols by then, so anything went.

And besides sex there's a lot of other stuff you could do that you can't do at (most) walk-ins.
Like drinking beer, smoking pot, being naked and talking.

-The sound system sucked.
-The food from the snack bar was atrocious.

Theres adrive in like5miles from me. I dont go alot, but theyre really cheap its like 2 movies for $5

Wasted,Sounds like a good deal!!:D

mmmm...BTG i was thinking of the same thing a few days ago theres only 1 in the whole island its cheap its $2.00 the ticket lol and they take not to old movies so its not bad(only 1 movie tho)...i have lots of memories when i was younger like eating some cheesdogs with a coke and moskitos killing me!!!! but after a few years now i go with my girlfirend and since its private (your in your own car) lite a fat one and lean back and watch the movie;)

GanjaGuru said:
Ok ya got me started here.
When I was in high school drive-ins were where we'd be on a Fri. or Sat. nite.
Me and about 3 or 4 other friends.
When they chraged per person someone (or 2) would always hide in the trunk. Eventually they charged by the car instead.
Monster movies were the big thing back then. And westerns.
Then, when I graduated and got my own car and started dating, mmmmm.
Because drive-ins were passion pits. It was a safe place for teens to go and neck.
To keep patrons from getting carried away, the drive-ins in my area hired a guy or two who would walk patrols through the lot, wearing long white coats.
I didn't go much when I was married, but about the time I got divorced vans started getting real popular. So I bought one, fixed it up inside with cabinets and a bed and buddy I was in business.
Vans were relegated to the last few rows in the drive-in (because of their size). We parked backwards and opened the rear doors.
The had abandoned the white coat patrols by then, so anything went.

And besides sex there's a lot of other stuff you could do that you can't do at (most) walk-ins.
Like drinking beer, smoking pot, being naked and talking.

-The sound system sucked.
-The food from the snack bar was atrocious.

HEy Ganja Looks like you had a great time!!!!!

I went to one when I was a kid just before they closed it down, now there is one about 20 miles from me. It isnt like the old ones though

I saw Appollo 13 in a drive in THeater. I think there is still one in Cape Cod where I go every year. I dont know if there are any within 3000 miles of me!

Perhaps it's some sort of primal thing. Trying to get back to where you were concieved.

I'll bet tens of thousands of children were concieved in drive-in movies.

Thank god they don't put "Place of conception" on birth certificates.

"Drive-in movie" would fill a lot of blanks.

Hahahahahahaaha

Damn I miss those places! Did anyone ever really watch the movies?

There's a couple in driving distance for me... one bout 10 min away and the other bout a half hour trip. Me and the hubby were just talkin bout goin to one last night :)

purple_chronic said:
HEy Ganja Looks like you had a great time!!!!!

What killed drive-ins?
Cable tv. And VCR's.
Cause with new movies on cable & tape, you could get away with even more than you could at a drive-in, like go to the bathroom naked, all in the comfort of your own home.

Thank god they don't put "Place of conception" on birth certificates.
..a chick asked me one time, what sign I was concieved under. After a moment to think on it, I replied "KEEP OFF THE GRASS"..:p

reading through the forum, i found this cool thread. and btw hick, thats some funny stuff.:D now-a-days, i dont think there are any drive ins left, i may be wrong. i would'nt doubt if i was concieved in one,lol... well people, you will now know how much of a hillbilly i am ; this may not be the drive in , but i have a device we like to call tree-bo.:D i have an old magnavox wooden t.v. , you know the type , big 'ol wooden box. well, i built a tree stand about 10 foot up in a tree in my back yard , and i put my t.v. up there in the summer , and the 'ol lady , and i sit out back and watch movies on hot summer nights.:) nostalgia... maybe we were concieved in the drive-ins' of old.;) long live the tree-bo...

Latest posts

Back