What ever happened???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
OK I got a rant.
In the eighties and nineties Mtv was ok. Gave me news, specials like "unplugged", and of course the late great "Headbanger's Ball". If nothing was on TV pop on Mtv and listen to music, quick news and do the things you do round the house. Radio got old, same songs over and over and over and over......
Then my MP3's well even after time, you still want something different. The Internet Radio well, same as a regular radio. I won't get sattelite radio for that very reason.

but now Mtv and VH1 play music in the mornin then its STUPID ASS REALITY TV. I AM SO SICK OF REALITY TV I COULD PUKE!!!!!!!!! and if its not reality tv its a show TALKING about reality TV?!?!?!?!
What happened to entertainment? It sucks now. If it wasn't for my cable modem (and discovery, National Geo., History and stuff)..I'd prolly just get rid of the Cable and stick to blockbuster.

Don't get me goin on CNN, FOX, and stuff. I'd really have a rant for ya.

-end rant.

The worse part is they made MTV2 because they filled up MTV with shitty content and wanted to get back to playing music videos...and then promptly filled MTV2 with even worse promgramming.

I agree with ya. But I will admit to being a reality tv fan, but not the one's on MTV and VH1. ;)

Gotta have my gross stuff on Fear Factor and Survivor...hehe.

Oh, about the old Headbanger's Ball. That Ricky Rackman (or whatever it was) was such a poser!!! He irritated me to know end, but atleast the videos were cool. ;)

SmokinMom said:
I agree with ya. But I will admit to being a reality tv fan, but not the one's on MTV and VH1. ;)

Gotta have my gross stuff on Fear Factor and Survivor...hehe.

I don't consider fear factor "reality TV".
thats a game show IMO.
what I mean is like Hulk Hogans thing, Celebreality, Joe blow gets married, Apprentice, crapola like that.

alright i am a sucker for a lot of the reality shows :eek: BUT...i have often wondered where all the music videos have gone cause they certainly are not on any music stations here in Canada

we have MuchMusic (our equivalent to MTV) and they do the same thing....its reality shows all the time...every time i turn it on there is Flava Flav ...if i see flavor of love ONE MORE TIME :mad:

i hear what your saying Mutt....it sucks when i have to come to my pc to watch videos cause the "music" channels don't ...freaking pathetic

Oh wait. Have you seen Gene Simmon's new TV show?

It was on late the other night. Kinda entertaining in my stoned state. :D

As "entertaining" as those shows may be, I definitely wouldn't mind MTV or MuchMusic or whoever for that matter throwing a dedicated MUSIC VIDEO channel on my cable lineup. I see no reason why they couldn't do both.

yup it all real world, road rules, and trl. I refuse to watch it anymore

i get a channel called videoflow and its not bad. - its MMM and a second 1 - MM then CMT which does have non music but sometimes good western movies. as fer REALITY shows, i agree; i do watch Big brothers and survivor but even they are getting stale. fear factor and the amazing race are gone as far as im concerned - way to much favorism by the host.

theres a show called survivorman - its good. i get a kick out of survivor and the magic of food showing up when its needed. in some of the first episodes - years - all they had was rice. now they get wine and beer, meats and veg's. the show IN REALITY is a joke.

the problem with reality shows are that they're full of people who are desperate to be on tv, as if a desire to do something were sufficent qualification required for doing it.I want to be Carmen Electras underwear advisor but it doesn't follow that I will be (sigh!)
These people are almost always sad and boring in an irritatiting way.

I don't watch reality tv shows anymore, they make want to throw bottles at the screen.

I can't stand reality shows and wouldn't watch one if i was paid and i'm dead serious. I hate those freaking shows. :mad:

I Have extra channels and mtv has a channel that just plays music videos. Vh1 has 2 i think, also another good channel for music is fuse.

Latest posts

Back