What guards you yard/house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these are what guards my plants. more than likely if someone broke in an heard the shuck shuck of my 12 gauge pump-action Mossberg 500 shotgun loaded with birdshot, they would get the hint (picture number 1). why birdshot? i'm glad you asked. birdshot will not penetrate exterier walls preventing me from accidentally killing my neighbors kid. i've also got OO buck, OOO buck and slugs on the gun in case i need to reach out and touch someone. it's not a rifled barrel so it wont be too far. for that case i would pull out my m4 carbine (picture number 2).

Mossberg-500-Tactical-01.jpg

bcwa1f16m4my5_1.jpg

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Truth of it all though. Someone wants in bad enough. They are going to get in.
And really, there isnt anything that can be done about it.

Odds more than triple of getting hurt or dead if your are armed, than if you simply surrender and live to file a report later.

what are the odds of the intruder getting hurt or being dead when invading an armed persons home?

i have four dogs ,,,but god watches over my family and my garden

I hve a Hamster with a bad case of rabies guarding my garden....;)

SPEARCHUCKER said:
For unknowns that pull up. (and yes you must be introduced for them to stop it). Theres usually a couple Brahmas walking up to you. They pull the muscle side of things. For speed I have now 5 others, "exotic" types. Which I have shared with someone on here. But 5 is pretty low, I was up to 12 a couple months ago.

Then not to mention as a war vet. I have my stockpiles of certain things.

Funny story with one Brahma. Couple years back, sons friends pulled up with that bump bump bump stereo mess. And he didnt like it. After a fierce headbutt to the side which lifted the wheels up itself. He hooked a horn under the wheelwell and lifted the whole back quarter up while ripping off the back fender. People inside screaming and actually crying and yelling for help.
I was standing there watching, I mean, what could I do? It was outta my hands.

OH MAN i just read this again and cant stop laughing now...lol

I actually have two dogs ( ones a pit mix and the other crazy is a pure shephard female ) Neighbors complain when people try to come over cause the barking is obnoxious, but hey its their job ~

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Odds more than triple of getting hurt or dead if your are armed, than if you simply surrender and live to file a report later.

'and live to file a report later.' I think I will take my chances standing behind my shotgun. Surrender? Really? :huh:

A guy not too far from here just had an intruder walk thru the front door and start beating him and his wife with a hammer while they were watching tv. No connection, not a growhouse, just a guy off the street looking to bash in somebody's head. Your crazy to not own a gun in America if you ask me.

1. Alarm
2. 2 pits 1 doberman
3. LOTS of guns. Even the wife sleeps with one in the night stand.
4. My neighbors are friends

I thought my 2 cats where protecting the garden, as there constantly eyeing it. But come to find out they where just looking for there chance to get in the garden and eat themselfs a snack. Found my girl passed out asleep next to a plant missing a big fan leaf. I'm sure she had happy dreams :) now I make sure they keep there distance from the garden, lol

Warfish

I have heard of so many horror stories involving cats and pot plants...my sweet ol dogs just want to sniff em and the boys like to pee on the giant pots bottoms..(outside)

I've got a retarded cat and a wifey who is choclate dependan't! Don't mess with the woman's chocolate...don't mess with the woman's chocolate from texas with acsess to firearms!

I like white chocolate...hmmmmmmmmm and cocoa. but I dont like choclate often..I must be a female freak...lol. OMG chef did you see the cobbler recipe I posted in the female growers group..? we ate it up in one day...everyone had seconds...I added cinnamon to mine.

noooo i didn't but i will now. gonna start a recipe thread soon. i promised nvthis a flan recipe, gonna do in the next week or so.

noice! i had to go back a few pages gonna try this one fer x-mas! did the cinnamon enhance the cobbler? What about brushing on a cannabutter on the top crust as it cools? 2dog you got me holiday cooking jacked! gracias!

You could do the butter...try it on half see how u like it lol...sounds awesome..It was so good...the blueberries in it with the blackberries and apples was an awesome combo IMO...even my picky bro ate 2 helpings...

I wish I could of got a pic. My male dog use to curl up to a 5 gallon bucket with a plant in it in the back yard this summer. I bet no one wanted to get close to it then. Dog's mans best friend!!!!

OldHippieChick,

If you were ever pushed too far, you would be one dangerous chick, because unless you are a convert to non-violence with a true story behind you, you would have no idea when enough is enough and would literally tear him/her to pieces -- most likely not in defense of yourself but in defense of those you love. I know I could fatally neutralize a threat my loved ones without hesitation but I'm not so sure about a threat to myself.

But God how I wish I could really believe and live the way you try to do.

Congratulations, but in my case it is my reputation for being the craziest motherDID YOU NOT GET OR UNDERSTAND MY MESSAGE IN REGARDS TO THIS??? in the valley of death and the knowledge that I am ARMED and DANGEROUS, complete with an Interpol jacket and being on the no fly list. Of course being known as a close associate of the local chapter of the Hells Angles who turned down their invitation to join without even going through the prospect process doesn't hurt either. Nor does having faced down a whole chapter of Gypsy Jokers by myself in the late 60s ( actually I wasn't completely by myself. My girl friend had enough sense to slide across the console leaving the passenger seat open and drop the glove box door open loudly enough for me to hear it and know I could drop into the seat and grab my 44 Mag. Thinks sure got a lot calmer when they were all bunched up caught cold footed by a scared man with nothing to loose holding a hand cannon. I've looked down the barrel of a lot smaller guns than a 44 and let me assure you that barrel looks big enough to drive through.

I agree that if the sound of a 12 gauge pump gun being racked isn't enough to calm things down you might as well just start shooting. That or the sound of a single action revolver being cocked or an auto loader having a round jacked into the chamber. Those are sounds that are scary to even those who have never heard it before and don't even know what it is.

Good smoking and may GOD protect you and yours so there is no need for us to guard for our selves.

Latest posts

Back