What Happened to this Thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, it's not like me to miss all the fun! I didn't get one post in that closed thread :cool:

Ummmm.....I think it was closed for the better good of everyone on here. This place is not like the tool sheds out there. We dont do bickering and arguing for very long.

So let's get back to the reason we are all here.....growing the green.:icon_smile:

I can't speak for Spear but knowing him like I do I think this was an ill fated attempt at humor that offended some peeps and went horribly wrong.
I don't consider him to be a mean spirited guy at all. He has a bit of a sick sense of humor much like myself....not condoning or agreeing with what he said. I just think we need to cut the guy some slack until he chimes in again.

JMO

Hamster Lewis said:
I can't speak for Spear but knowing him like I do I think this was an ill fated attempt at humor that offended some peeps and went horribly wrong.
I don't consider him to be a mean spirited guy at all. He has a bit of a sick sense of humor much like myself....not condoning or agreeing with what he said. I just think we need to cut the guy some slack until he chimes in again.

JMO

I concur!

The written word is sometimes hard to convey/understand on message boards also.

I bet this thread brings additional drama. Hopefully, if so, folks can politely agree to disagree. :)

People are too easily offended, besides that, the guy who made the thread seemed to post it up as a challenge for someone to disagree with him, Drama for the sake of drama is stupid.

This thrread is DOOOOOOOMED...:rofl:

Iron Emmett said:
People are too easily offended, besides that, the guy who made the thread seemed to post it up as a challenge for someone to disagree with him, Drama for the sake of drama is stupid.

I got that same vibe.....

Hamster Lewis said:

JMO

:yeahthat:. The simple fact is there ARE those with "sick sense of humor much like" Hammy. There's nothing anyone can really do about it except cut them some slack :hubba::rolleyes: It takes all kinds a forum to make.

ArtVandolay said:
:yeahthat:. The simple fact is there ARE those with "sick sense of humor much like" Hammy. There's nothing anyone can really do about it except cut them some slack :hubba::rolleyes: It takes all kinds a forum to make.

I have a sick sense of humor, which is one of my ways of dealing with PTSD, but I am a relative newcomer so I am gradually finding out what is cool to say on this forum and what isn't. Context is everything.

ArtVandolay said:
Thanks Art.....now can ya pull me out from under the bus you just threw me under?? Please....:rolleyes:

Under_The_Bus_Sign-300.jpg

tub.jpg

I took Spears post as some Dennis Leary style rant...... I mean Styrofoam plates and farting in elevators? I didn't and don't think he meant it as hurtful or serious. Maybe I am wrong.

Oh Hammy, you have to know that we all love you! :heart:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Oh Hammy, you have to know that we all love you! :heart:

Thanks THG....it's all in good fun. I don't mind going under the bus once in a while.:) I hate it when squirrels run under my truck tires though. It's like they are suicidal....they will run right under the tire .:eek:

Honestly I'm not sure about this FinShaggy guy. I understand unintentionally bringing up a subject that brings out the worst in people. But to need to start a thread asking why that thread was closed, implies to me that you might be an instigator.

No idea what went on with Spearchucker. I've never had a negative thought toward the guy, so I assume he was just having a moment like we all can have. But he still deserved to be called on it. Hate ranters deserve to know that not everyone agrees with them. There's a noticeable trend in society today that gives the impression that rudest = rightest.

AND ANOTHER THING - I thank a hippie every damn time I sit in my own home and roll one I grew that didn't come from some damn drug "cartel" in another country. It was the exodus from the bay area to norther california by real hippies AND vietnam vets, post the summer of love, who through trial and error, taught us all how to grow our own smoke. California was the first state to outlaw marijuana in 1913. I've always thought it was fitting that it was also the womb of the rebirth of marijuana cultivation in this country. If you know enough to identify and pull a male mj plant, you learned it from a hippie.

The hippie movement, which followed the kibbutz movement, was the greatest unstructured spontanious social experiment this nation has ever attempted. With every freedom there are always those who abuse the status quo. If you can only identify the negative (failed) ideologies of the era, you are blind.

I don't know anyone who would go back to the days when an ill timed pregnancy resulted in a forced marriage or the child living with the socially acceptable title of "bastard" attached to his status for life. If not for the hippie movement, you fathers would be sitting in waiting rooms instead of being included in the delivery room and present at the birth of your children for the first time in modern history. There would be no home school movement, there would be no two income families because the womens movement would have been squashed before it ever began. If not for the hippie movement I probably would have had to wear a girdle and high heals to work today like my mother did - IF my husband allowed me to have a job after marriage.

Through hippies I learned about other cultures, religious beliefs, homeopathic approaches, sustainable practices, charity work, racial sensativity, self awareness, activism, and an endless list of other concepts that were not evident in post WW2 anti communist hysterical conformist suburban america. The hippie movement demanded that we all had the freedom to think for ourselves and to question the status quo.

There is not a single member of this forum, or society, who has not benefited from the counterculture movement. To even bring up CARS into the conversation, implies a lack of understanding of history that I just can't even wrap my brain around.

Sorry to come off all serious... sometimes I think and sometimes it shows.
:peace:

OHC.. shaddup and get back in the kitchen..:angrywife:

...now to address the OP.. ;) If you really want to know why, (or need to ask) wouldn't it be more appropriate to go to the source?.. ask those that 'do' the moderating, rather than another thread, looking like an attempt to 're-kindle' the controversy.
ANY thread is subject to closing/removal. But particularly a thread with nothing to do with the cultivation of mj, and with political and social "opinions" being expressed, that are instigating.

I was going to close this one after this post, but I think I'll wait for ohc to get the kitchen cleaned up and respond..:rofl:..

so I can say some more up in here....

I like chicken wings :D

Latest posts

Back