What I got going on- first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the help I received on here, I've made good progress. The LST is working well on the smaller plant, she's taken off. The larger one is doing much better as well, the homemade CO2 seems to be working good as well.

100_0223.jpg

100_0222.jpg

BongWongDong said:
they look very healthy

I just ordered a 250W HPS light. I figured it would be good for the one or two plants I will keep.

Okay, the smaller plant is going crazy. She's really responding well to the LST, I've been taking her around the edge of the pot. Check out how many 'tops' she has now:

100_0227.jpg

100_0225.jpg

100_0229.jpg

This is 6 days after the last pictures!!

Whats up Fluid1. Your little lady friend looks great. She is just flowing over the edge of the pot. I love to LST my plants and she seems to be liking it also. ;) Great job man keep it up.

Thanks TBG, I really hope she's a female. :crosses fingers:

I'll take some pics of my stretched out plant tonight, with the new LST I've been applying to her. (definitely a her) Hopefully the HPS light comes in either tomorrow or Saturday, I think that the large one will really like that. The Big Bloom should be here by Monday, and I'll start them both on that about 10 days after the start of flowering, every other feeding.

Cheers

Looks like you made a great save, good job bro.
There really is no subsitute for proper lighting and environmental control as you've seen. Spending the extra bucks to upgrade your system does induce an initial wallet discomfort, but most assuredly pays off in huge dividends in the long run.
250w sounds like it will be more than ample if you only plan on keeping a couple of plants going at a time.
Best of luck with your harvest!

Thanks a lot, Mojomon!! The new light is still not here, but I hope it gets in soon, I plan to start flowering in about 10 days.

Dr.GreenThumb said:
Lookin really good...

Thanks, the small space with 4 CFL's really brought the smaller one to life. When the 250 HPS gets here, I'm going to mount the CFL's in the same place as the large plant, and flower both the large and smaller one at the same time. I'll post pictures along the way of course.

Fluid1 said:
Thanks, the small space with 4 CFL's really brought the smaller one to life. When the 250 HPS gets here, I'm going to mount the CFL's in the same place as the large plant, and flower both the large and smaller one at the same time. I'll post pictures along the way of course.

Cant wait !! :D

CLONES! Here's my first full blown attempt to clone the large female. I used Hick's method....kinda.
100_0230.jpg

Here's a picture of the grow room as is it now with the 175W MH@ 9,000 lumens, 6xcfl @ 12,000 lumens, and the 2' tube 'plant light' just because. I transplanted the smaller plant into the large green pot today, and reinforced some of it's LST. The larger and more stretched plant stands to gain a lot by this new setup, and you can see in some of the pictures where I've used some LST on it as well. It works great!

100_0231.jpg

100_0232.jpg

The LST at work!! You can see where I've tied the branches, and you can see the new growth in the form of the small leaves coming out all along the branch. :)
100_0233.jpg

Looking good Fluid1. Keep it up man we want some buds. ;)

looking like it´s all coming together nicely, looks like a slight nute or light burn on some of the leaves in the last pic though.

sombro said:
looking like it´s all coming together nicely, looks like a slight nute or light burn on some of the leaves in the last pic though.

It was heat stress. They have not been given any nutes yet, just the MG soil. I will start with the Fox Farm Big Bloom in about two weeks.....because I just switched to 12/12 today. :cool: They won't get any for two weeks, and only at 1/4 strength. Skip a feeding, then 1/2 strength.....

The clones looked great today, like they had really taken to their new temporary home. Of course, when I took the lid off the tupperware container, they started wilting in about 10 minutes :eek: so I put the lid back on and gave them a nice light mist. I would think this will probably go on for about two weeks.

I woke up this morning, went to turn the lights on, and shortly thereafter, I saw something that made my day. A pistil! That's right, the smaller (in height) of my two plants showed me that's she's a girl!! I have been stoked all day. :D

That being said, here's two pictures of my larger plant's tips on say 8 of flower cycle.

A picture of one of the lowest branches, you can see the LST I put on it about 3 weeks ago.... it should produce something! :fingers crossed:
100_0242.jpg

This is a picture of one of the branches closer to the top, like high middle. I'm glad that the stems have thickened out with the extra fan and lights. (thanks everyone for the help)
100_0243.jpg

They have come along way since the start of this journal, keep up the good work and you will be pleased. LST is looking great as well..good job.

Thanks!
Here are some updated pics, along with some comparison shots from when the girls were younger and a little more sassy.

First is the top view of the 'smaller' of the two plants, the younger one. Second view is of the same plant, from the side! This plant is under some LST.
100_0244.jpg

100_0245.jpg

This is the larger of the two, the original woman in my life. She's tall.
Top and side views.
100_0246.jpg

100_0247.jpg

I figure it's time to get the large one into a giant bucket, she's once again outgrown her home. I hope that her two clones (who are doing great) will fare better, they will have a much better short life. :p

Latest posts

Back