What I got going on- first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comparing the first pic I posted of the larger plant to the most recent.

100_0194.jpg

100_0247.jpg

And comparing the smaller plant.

100_0197.jpg

100_0245.jpg

Looking good man. Can't wait to see those ladies with some frosty buds. ;)

Thanks, TBG, me too! The large one is starting to bud a little, and the smaller one is shooting long hairs out of the pistils more and more every day. The Fox Farm Big Bloom has been added to each girl once now.

hey nice grow man i too am starting my first grow. i wanted to ask where you got those round cfls. whats the wattage of the cfls and do they have them in warm white too?

The CFL's you see are 35 watts, 2000 lumens. I not have 4 that are 42w, 2,600 lumens, and 4 of the 35w. Also have the 175w metal halide in there. That's a total of 27,400 lumens. We'll see what it does.

New picture of the top of one of the branches. Today is day 15 of flowering.

100_0248.jpg

Sad day. The old lady and I had an argument last night, and when I got home from work, my grow room was empty. She took every single thing to a dumpster somewhere. Damn.

That ain't right. No Sir.

Wonder what she would have done if you had thrown something of hers out that she had worked that hard on?

Double standards. That's why I never remarried, bro.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

If it were me, I'd be consulting an attorney and filing away...

Best of luck, and you have my deepest sympathies, all around.

Thanks a lot. The worst thing for me is, it wasn't even a fight, we just had different opinions on something and she went to bed angry. I went to work, she didn't today, and she hit me with a low blow.
I have spent so much time and heart on this.... I mean, it's not the best grow journal, it's actually one of the crappiest on this site, but it was mine! :(

Your signature is fitting. :)

Sounds like my ex...

Want to destroy something she worked hard on?

Shave her head while she sleeps!

Or just have a toke and a laugh at the suggestion! I feel your pain...

Damn man...She coulda done a whole hell of a lot worse though. If ya know what I mean.
I wish ya the best man. I know what its like to lose a grow.

Mutt said:
Damn man...She coulda done a whole hell of a lot worse though. If ya know what I mean.
I wish ya the best man. I know what its like to lose a grow.

I absolutely do know what you mean, but that would be the most f'd up s___ in the history of the world! She smokes too....
My thing is if this happened over something sooooo small.....what's going to happen when something serious goes down? :(

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes..... Elephant Man, that's f###ed uup, but hilarious. :) Shave her head.

Dr.GreenThumb said:
Sorry to hear about all this...

Thanks bro. Guess it's time to make some changes....and get an HPS.

Fluid1 said:
Thanks bro. Guess it's time to make some changes....and get an HPS.

and a lockable grow room.... sorry to hear about your bad luck... everything seemed to be turning out real well for ya.

Sorry to here about that. You can look on the bright side, you lost your crop but you didn't loose the experience you gained by doing it. The easiest thing for people to say is dump her, but I know how hard it can be when your in a realtion ship. Easy to say but near impossible to do. I wouldn't grow again at your place as it will obviously happen again.

Is the reason she killed your plants because she was worried about getting busted. That is the only logical explaination I can see for this too happen. If that is the case I can see her point as she too lives in the house, but killing them, well, that was going a little too far. Anyways, good luck and rmember: you still have what you learned and she can't take that away from you. Use your knowledge somewhere else or at a later date. Good luck!

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb said:
Sorry to here about that. You can look on the bright side, you lost your crop but you didn't loose the experience you gained by doing it. The easiest thing for people to say is dump her, but I know how hard it can be when your in a realtion ship. Easy to say but near impossible to do. I wouldn't grow again at your place as it will obviously happen again.

Is the reason she killed your plants because she was worried about getting busted. That is the only logical explaination I can see for this too happen. If that is the case I can see her point as she too lives in the house, but killing them, well, that was going a little too far. Anyways, good luck and rmember: you still have what you learned and she can't take that away from you. Use your knowledge somewhere else or at a later date. Good luck!

TGT

Thanks, TGT. I think that the reason she went for the plants is because she knew that it would hurt me more than getting rid of anything else I had, and she can always say "it's illegal anyway"
Like if she threw away my snow skis or something like that, she'd be gone.

You are absolutely correct about the information and experience I have gained.

I actually spoke to her at length, and she has apologized many times. She even suggested that we start a new grow in the spring, and that she'd help me pay for a nice 600 HPS setup after the new year...... we'll see how that turns out, but I'm hopeful. Because there's nothing I want more than to be able to provide myself with the herb I need. I had such horrible nightmares last night, I have not smoked in two days, and my lower left disc in my back hurts so bad I can barely sit down. :(

bejohnst said:
and a lockable grow room.... sorry to hear about your bad luck... everything seemed to be turning out real well for ya.

Thanks.... it was definitely getting better and better because of this site and I was learning so much.... I'll take it all with me!!

Latest posts

Back