what is decarboxylated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hushpuppy said:
Does this heating process not melt the resins and cause the trichomes to burst and lose the oils making the bubble hash method useless?

No, It converts the THCA and the CBCA to THC and CBC. THCA and CBCA are water soluble and not able to be metabolized by the body. In heating the bud (not too high), you release the extra carbon molecule and get THC and CBC whith the body can metabolize and is not water soluble. I figured that I was allowing a fair amount of good stuff dissolve and be sent down the drain when making bubble hash if part of the THC was water soluble.

That's very interesting. Do you know what percentage of THC and CBD is in Acid form before and after the heating? I know it will certainly vary quite a bit with different trim and strains, but I wonder if there is a significant amount being lost by not doing the heating process.

Do you do this process straight away from trimming while trim is fresh, or do you let it dry some first? Do you then freeze it before using it, or if you have to store it for a while?

I have gotten where I decarboxlate the trim before I put it in the freezer. When I get a full bag, I spread it on a cookie sheet, pop it in the oven for a bit, let it cool and then into the freezer so it is ready to go regardless of my use for it. When I get ready to make hash, I just want to make hash and not have to decarb, cool, and freeze.

Latest posts

Back