what is decarboxylated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It be when the trunk yur car shows up after the acceident reckon, be bout best I got sorry and aint got a dictionary handy left it in the other canoe sorry pilgrem.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
It be when the trunk yur car shows up after the acceident reckon, be bout best I got sorry and aint got a dictionary handy left it in the other canoe sorry pilgrem.

BWD

??????????????????:holysheep:

Its ok pilgrem my fireside aint fur everyone. Some cant find the understandin guess I should be gettin my picture in that there dictionary thing Eh? Some pilgrem be givin yual the answer yual seek sone enough I reckon.

BWD

I reckon someones auta be anserin my question soon enough.

Decarboxylation

Decarboxylation
Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that releases carbon dioxide (CO2). Usually, decarboxylation refers to a reaction of carboxylic acids, removing a carbon atom from a carbon chain. The reverse process, which is the first chemical step in photosynthesis, is called carbonation, the addition of CO2 to a compound. Enzymes that catalyze decarboxylations are called decarboxylases or, the more formal term, carboxy-lyases (EC number 4.1.1).

decarboxylated
Variant of decarboxylation

noun

the removal or loss of a carboxyl group from an organic compound, as amino acid, usually resulting in the formation of carbon dioxide

Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THCA is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive. By heating you marijuana up to apx. 220 degrees it causes the THCA to release the carboxyl and become THC the psychoactive chemical we all love.

there is no reason to decarb you smoking buds the heat from the lite end does the job before it gets burned up as you toke from what I understand

This is why vaporizers are the best way to go
The control of the 220 deg. Temp.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I now just decarboxylate all my trim before it goes into the freezer.

hey THG.. how long you decarboxylate your trim for..
im thinking of giving this a try..
LH

I put my trim in a 170F oven for about 20 minutes. I let it cool and then it goes into the freezer. It does dry it out some, but not to the point that it is too crumbly. I have a gas (propane) oven--I do not know if that makes a difference.

It just really seems to make sense to decarboxylate, especially if you are making bubble hash. I was quite surprised to find out that part of the THC and CBC (actually THCA and CBCA) exists as acids that are water soluble and are not psychoactive.

Here is a decarboxylation graph.

Decarboxylation graph.jpg

God I love how thorough everyone is. It makes gathering information so much easier. Seriously... I don't know how other forums make any progress...

420th POST!!!!!!!

Does this heating process not melt the resins and cause the trichomes to burst and lose the oils making the bubble hash method useless?

Latest posts

Back