what is going on with this Shiskaberry ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epicstuff

Reaction score
About 25 days from seed hatching in coco. its been looking funny all along. All my plants looking very compressed and perhaps a little stunted compared to how i remembers on previous grows but this SHiskaberry has droopy leaves and slightly curled leaves.
Is it possible that putting then straight from a jiffy cube into a large grow bag has done this?

I'm used to an ebb and flow hydro system so this is new to me in coco. but i gradually built up the light strength rom 250 to 400 now, been gentle with feeding. Its worrying me how tight and slow they are growing.. the others are Purple Punch (Back left) which looks healthy but very compressed,, (Bubble gum back Right) looks ok but i think i topped her too early hoping to get a cutting to replace the Charging Rhino (Front Left)which had bad genetics and was deformed from birth and very stunted. (also topped early to see if the new growth would be better. (shiskabery, front right)

Attachments

• 20200420_150929.jpg
    20200420_150929.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200419_143845.jpg
    20200419_143845.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 23
PH is good as can be expected for manual liquid testing. color testing looks to be bang on PH6. Not using the calmag yet. Maybe i will try that. Although 3 out the 4 babies look vibrant and healthy enough; only very dense & short, which to my understanding isn't a cal mag deficiency. Cal mag just aids the uptake of nutes unless only one of these phenos have a real sensitivity or need for it. The Shiskaberry which I am very confused over, as it was like this from seedling and initial veg stage even before nutes were needed on the grow. Maybe it is just dodgy genetics which if the case its a real pisser as it will be 2 seeds out of 4 that were substandard.
20200420_150802.jpg
20200420_150844.jpg
20200420_150929.jpg

20200420_151008.jpg

It's not the strain, it's the medium. Always calmag yer coco.
bought some Dutch pro cal mag so I'll see how that works.. you have any recommended quantity to mix in? . I mixed up about 0.3ml/l for my 1st feed that they will be getting at bedtime. It said on the label between 0.1 & 1ml/l

bought some Dutch pro cal mag so I'll see how that works.. you have any recommended quantity to mix in? . I mixed up about 0.3ml/l for my 1st feed that they will be getting at bedtime. It said on the label between 0.1 & 1ml/l
Great place to start, and see how they react to it. But you can definitely bump it up a bit more without issue. If your tap water is already pretty soft, you'll end up mixing it on the higher concentration. It's a quirk of coco and almost everyone misses that memo on their first run with the stuff!

How often are you flooding?

Latest posts

Back