What Is Going On

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldgeezer

Reaction score
I am not very good at taking pictures and in this case not sure if it would help. Have 2 White Widow plants that are about a long 1 to 2 weeks from harvest about half of the branches are still a good bright green. The other half of the branches, and it is on both plants, show what looks like nitrogen deficiencies.. The hairys are about a short 50 percent turned color this the tricomes still clear. Does anyone have an idea what is going on. The branches that are problems have not been damaged in anyway. I am sure this close to harvest nothing can be done to correct but would like to prevent it from happening again.

late bloom yellowing is common because the plant is absorbing all the N out of the soil. You're two weeks out so that shouldn't be a problem bud. WW is usually a 10-weeker...

Many plant leaves start turning yellow the closer to harvest it gets.

How many weeks has it been budding(12/12)?

Pictures would really really help.

More or less just guesses

Yeah it sounds like end-of-cycle yellowing-off to me as well. Am I safe to assume that you are in soil like FFOF? If so then that is most likely the case. When MJ in soil get close to the end of its cycle it will start eating its own sun leaves because the soil has been mostly depleted of nitrogen. If you were in hydro and feeding heavy then they wouldn't yellow off as quick. So long as the bud leaves are still green and healthy looking they should be fine. I have seen some plants completely strip down of their sun leaves by harvest but still finish fine :)

Without pics what you describe sounds normal for 1-2 weeks out....

Hushpuppy said:
Yeah it sounds like end-of-cycle yellowing-off to me as well. Am I safe to assume that you are in soil like FFOF? If so then that is most likely the case. When MJ in soil get close to the end of its cycle it will start eating its own sun leaves because the soil has been mostly depleted of nitrogen. If you were in hydro and feeding heavy then they wouldn't yellow off as quick. So long as the bud leaves are still green and healthy looking they should be fine. I have seen some plants completely strip down of their sun leaves by harvest but still finish fine :)

my jacks are almost completely denuded by the time their 11 weeks of bloom time is up...lol...but the smoke is awesome...

7greeneyes said:
my jacks are almost completely denuded by the time their 11 weeks of bloom time is up...lol...but the smoke is awesome...
:eek: eeoouuchhh !@#$%&!!! how can you do that to those poor kids :eek: :hubba: :hubba:

Latest posts

Back