What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan is to split these and trellis them up between the three deck polls an attempt a 10 ft by 9 ft rose wall.

Attachments

• 20220618_190557.jpg
    20220618_190557.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220618_190604.jpg
    20220618_190604.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1
I work on my yard and garden everyday. So yeah I put a lot of time in keeping things alive in this hot ass Texas weather.🤪
And thanks for the compliments my friends.
Boo I have another flag that I didn't show in picture because it says FB. I'll leave it at that.😁

So I was wondering if eucalyptus would grow outside here In Va as the winters last a bit longer and are a little colder here. I had two plants in the fall that were about 8” tall that I had been nursing from babies in pots. Decided to keep one inside in a good sunny spot we’re I grow my winter herbs. The other I planted on the garden side of the house hoping the brick wall would help get the plant thru winter. Well turns out it loved it there and now is crowded in like my tents are with the blueberry bush right next to the crazy blackberry vine… well you get the picture. I took pics of both the inside and outside plants. I will either repot the small one in a larger -ot as it did great inside.

so my question is, do you think I could clone a few of these like I do my weed plants? I’m thinking they would make a nice Christmas present for my friends and family. We usually do homemade for Christmas.
im getting ready to cut these back today to promote a little business instead of climbing to my roof.
33B8AD2B-C2BE-41C0-A75B-FA8BA51571FE.jpeg
3C7CF152-C526-4954-905F-F73B3A2065C6.jpeg

So I was wondering if eucalyptus would grow outside here In Va as the winters last a bit longer and are a little colder here. I had two plants in the fall that were about 8” tall that I had been nursing from babies in pots. Decided to keep one inside in a good sunny spot we’re I grow my winter herbs. The other I planted on the garden side of the house hoping the brick wall would help get the plant thru winter. Well turns out it loved it there and now is crowded in like my tents are with the blueberry bush right next to the crazy blackberry vine… well you get the picture. I took pics of both the inside and outside plants. I will either repot the small one in a larger -ot as it did great inside.

so my question is, do you think I could clone a few of these like I do my weed plants? I’m thinking they would make a nice Christmas present for my friends and family. We usually do homemade for Christmas.
im getting ready to cut these back today to promote a little business instead of climbing to my roof. View attachment 300867View attachment 300868
You can clone eucalyptus just like cannabis but they recommend you dip it in a fungicide first and then allows the dry if you're rooting hormone does not contain a fungicide.

Would it say? Can you tell by the ingredients. I usually use aloe but do have this
View attachment 300887
is just a recommendation I read, often I try to help people out by searching things on the internet in passing along information, most people's recommendations are not gospel and most rooting hormones will work great. The clonex that you have has other micronutrients in it so I'm sure it would work fine, a lot better than powered root started.

im getting ready to cut these back today to promote a little business instead of climbing to my roof. View attachment 300867View attachment 300868
A site that has a method of cloning

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/eucalyptus/propagating-eucalyptus-plants.htm

we have a pileated somewhere out there, comes and goes as they're supposed to I guess .. small peckers show too
We also have red bellied, Downey and tge occasional hairy woodpeckers in the yard. The red bellied have a nest in a hole in a tree here and the chicks make a racket when the parents are out getting food. I have to put out a couple new suet cakes a day now but I think raccoons are stealing them at night.

Latest posts

Back