What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one in soil in a covered bucket waiting to see it turn in too a Hummingbird Moth. 😁
Hey,,I'm just having a little fun. I pull them off my tomato plants every yr. Gotta watch for them every day. If I see one leave that has been chewed I hunt his ass down. If you see a Moth that looks like a hummingbird,,that's how he gets started.
Did you ever figure out how long the process takes to turn the worm into a moth?

Who won?
Did you ever figure out how long the process takes to turn the worm into a moth?
1659451335337.png
Approx 14 days

Got damn cat got a young rabbit today. Ran around my yard(and away from me) with it in his mouth shrieking all the way. Eventually came up in my deck, I grabbed the cats tail and dragged him to me then he let go. The things back legs didn’t work. While I went to get a shovel to put it out of it misery, it died. The cat is indoors now for a few days or maybe longer. F’er…View attachment 293413
I do believe rabbit die easier than any other animal. It doesn't take much and they are done.

Bubba

Cats instintfully go for a spine bite. They don't always break it, but they damage enough nerves to cripple.
I had a BIG long haired yellow Tom cat. He was a railer. Couple of teeth snapped short and scars all over his face and ears.
He got older, but not smarter. He ran across a younger, faster cat that put a full four fang bite around two inches up from the base of his tail. He dragged himself home by his front legs. I'd prop him up so he could eat and drink, and clean him up when he relived himself. Did that a for a couple of weeks and seriously debated about giving him a long rifle to the ear. Just about the time I had hardened my heart enough to do it, he actually got up and pogoed on his hine legs. A couple months of that, and he could walk, but not very good. A few months later and he was doing fine, but his fighting days were over.

Eight deer out back tonight. They've gone though 50 pounds of corn in the last three days. Sure is good to see 'em back.
That would have made good corn whiskey!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back