What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain brought out this mushroom. It is about 8” tall. Grew overnight.
5C8719E9-8573-4BAC-8E58-B86EB4BFEB3D.jpeg
BBDE3C9A-03ED-4620-B49E-90CF0630743C.jpeg

Two does and a buck. They looked tired. They're smart enough to know that if they make it past the property line. they're safe. El Rancho Hippie is a sanctuary spot for 'em. Haven't had a wayward hunter make the mistake of trespassing yet, but I'd keep their head down while the cops got here.
Bet the big buck come in at night. You can see where a bunch of 'em have been laying. There's hunters all around the area 'cause it's farm country. Not welcome here, but the deer are.

Two does and a buck. They looked tired. They're smart enough to know that if they make it past the property line. they're safe. El Rancho Hippie is a sanctuary spot for 'em. Haven't had a wayward hunter make the mistake of trespassing yet, but I'd keep their head down while the cops got here.
Bet the big buck come in at night. You can see where a bunch of 'em have been laying. There's hunters all around the area 'cause it's farm country. Not welcome here, but the deer are.
I would love deer. Instead I am battling the nuisance black bear. Last time, he got the BB treatment-a lot. He actually looked back at me for about 10 seconds after my second barrage(the one that made him kinda fall out of a tree. I now have to go armed to check my plants.

I gotta get out with the camera phone. Ran across a bunch of fire engine red maples on my way back from Flint yesterday. If it stays cold and as windy as it is today, I'll be spending the next couple 'o weeks sucking 'em up and adding to my giant compost pile. Maple leaves and grass clippings make for some of the best fertilizer you can get.

I gotta get out with the camera phone. Ran across a bunch of fire engine red maples on my way back from Flint yesterday. If it stays cold and as windy as it is today, I'll be spending the next couple 'o weeks sucking 'em up and adding to my giant compost pile. Maple leaves and grass clippings make for some of the best fertilizer you can get.
Eastern Maples too I have tons I can mail you from my summer home

So I was given this bowl of free range eggs from my cousins farm who gave them to my momma to give to me. She said they haven’t been checked yet and to put them in a bowl of water if they raise to the top, they are trying to get out and be thrown away 😂. I read up and the float method is a way to check them but it said if they don’t lay on their side completely, they need to be used. I get eggs from neighbors all the time but I guess they always lay in the nest and not just anywhere on the property until found. Have any of y’all tested eggs? We raised chickens when I was young but our chickens laid their eggs in the nest in the chicken house… I don’t want to be turned off to eggs…
AC518AD8-1B9B-485A-895D-E94B1738F324.jpeg

So I was given this bowl of free range eggs from my cousins farm who gave them to my momma to give to me. She said they haven’t been checked yet and to put them in a bowl of water if they raise to the top, they are trying to get out and be thrown away 😂. I read up and the float method is a way to check them but it said if they don’t lay on their side completely, they need to be used. I get eggs from neighbors all the time but I guess they always lay in the nest and not just anywhere on the property until found. Have any of y’all tested eggs? We raised chickens when I was young but our chickens laid their eggs in the nest in the chicken house… I don’t want to be turned off to eggs…View attachment 311209

For the price of a dozen eggs it's not worth the taste of a bad egg ... We let ours free range but only after they laid morning eggs in the coop .. your eggs could be two weeks old before you got them , maybe not

Latest posts

Back