What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must have been a site to see. What happens if they nest on your land? I know you can't disturb an eagle nest.
I saw a pair of Cardinal, Wren, and there is an Owl outside in the woods somewhere I want to see.
I need night vision goggles or binoculars. 🙃

50+ Canadian Geese fertilizing the baseball field near my house. They are concerned about my dog on the field even though he always moves his bowels off of trails in the woods. Last spring they had 5 or 6 men with leaf blowers getting rid of the goose ****. One of the grounds keepers told me he suggested using coyote decoys to get rid of the geese. The Confederated Union of Nepotism and Taint-lickers prefer the work I guess…

I'm envious, black sunflower seed down this way is hard to find and 3 times the price of last year...my feeders are full but they don't stay that way for long...cardinals and woodpeckers are thrilled with my feeders...

same here….black sunflower seeds are sky high…..chicken scratch here contains copious amounts of black sunflower seeds along with milo , corn , and wheat

it went from $10 bucks a 40# sack to $16.50

if we grow a garden next season the plan is to incorporate sunflowers , milo , corn and wheat i to our crop rotation just for the birds

we feed chickens , doves , turkeys , and a million sparrows

C7E73E28-6964-44C7-9753-81F640647761.jpeg

63A113DA-428A-4945-978E-5FD8E0DCA514.jpeg

7103AC90-4458-43C2-9C3F-4695629A9E81.jpeg

same here….black sunflower seeds are sky high…..chicken scratch here contains copious amounts of black sunflower seeds along with milo , corn , and wheat

it went from $10 bucks a 40# sack to $16.50

if we grow a garden next season the plan is to incorporate sunflowers , milo , corn and wheat i to our crop rotation just for the birds

we feed chickens , doves , turkeys , and a million sparrows

View attachment 316662

View attachment 316663

View attachment 316664
The bird feed also entertains your cat if he is anything like mine. My cats ‘camp’ in the yard waiting for ‘playthings’…🤬

The bird feed also entertains your cat if he is anything like mine. My cats ‘camp’ in the yard waiting for ‘playthings’…🤬

yep , we get bird gifts all the time , a wing here , a head there, plenty of feathers

and the yellow tom cat blends in so well with the Buff Orpington's that he hides in the middle of them and ambushes all the birds that come down to feed with the chickens

it is a barnyard full of murder , rape , and various acts of violence

EE2D1AE2-9800-4336-8C16-7DFEBED71E7B.jpeg

81F5BE2B-36D7-4242-BB98-418B025943E0.jpeg

yep , we get bird gifts all the time , a wing here , a head there, plenty of feathers

and the yellow tom cat blends in so well with the Buff Orpington's that he hides in the middle of them and ambushes all the birds that come down to feed with the chickens

it is a barnyard full of murder , rape , and various acts of violence

View attachment 316667

View attachment 316666
I will take that mayhem over a big city version any day…

I saw my grey cat, Dennis the Menace, run up to a feeder, leap 3 and a half feet in the air and decapitate a gold finch almost in the blink of an eye. Stuck the landing and ran off with the body to hide under my car. I was a bit bothered but also impressed.

I have suet fed coons. Spring time they look fit. At this point in the year, the all look like they could use an appearance on The Biggest Loser. Only 3 flavors of squirrels here(grey, red and chipmunk) but, yep, all are welcome(though I hate the holes the chipmunks make in my yard)…

I tried to feed the birds last year from my deck…..this is what I had every night.

0BFFF6A1-F040-4C93-B4BB-3E8018DCD3F9.png

Had 9 deer in the backyard last night, but this morning was a first for me. Old Hen's been trying to get a decent pic of the strange critter. It's a fox squirrel, all white with a pink nose and feet, but he's got a brown tail. Weird. Wonder if he'd mind if I trapped him and bleached his tail so I could call him an albino?

Had 9 deer in the backyard last night, but this morning was a first for me. Old Hen's been trying to get a decent pic of the strange critter. It's a fox squirrel, all white with a pink nose and feet, but he's got a brown tail. Weird. Wonder if he'd mind if I trapped him and bleached his tail so I could call him an albino?
Most likely a

Variegated Fox Squirrel​

I blame the tainted food supply or ground water

Latest posts

Back