What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My New Mexico Willow TreeView attachment 321511
My New England Willow tree…
811E8BE7-D91D-41F3-9AA6-BEAD0CA1BC63.jpeg

Deer. They all wintered well. Cost me some serious bucks to keep 'em fat and happy, but the joy they bring the Old Hen and me is worth every penny.
Sweet. They use to visit the coffee can at my old place. They would come right up to the house as they knew we filled the can.

Gotta watch your dog. I went to school with a dude that shot/trapped 'yotes for fun and proffit. I mentioned I had a few hanging around the ranch. He said to watch my dog. I told him that the dog was big enough to take care of himself. He told me that 'yotes were famous for sending one scout up to get the dog to chase 'em. Then they'd run for the woods where there was a couple more waiting in ambush.

Gotta watch your dog. I went to school with a dude that shot/trapped 'yotes for fun and proffit. I mentioned I had a few hanging around the ranch. He said to watch my dog. I told him that the dog was big enough to take care of himself. He told me that 'yotes were famous for sending one scout up to get the dog to chase 'em. Then they'd run for the woods where there was a couple more waiting in ambush.
Thanks. My dog isn’t a runner and he is only out when I am. He would be quite the delicacy for coyotes. He has a little ‘COVID fat’ on him. I worry more about my cats. Kinda…

I have lost a beagle or two, to coyotes over the years, and have come close to losing a couple more.
I saved a fawn from a coyote several years ago. I heard the fawn screaming, I ran to see what it was, and found a coyote with a fawn pinned to the ground.
The coyote released the fawn and ran away. The fawn laid there for a bit as it caught its breath, then jumped up and ran towards its mother, who had showed up on the scene about the same time as me. The mother and I had an interesting stare down during the few seconds it took for the fawn to catch its breath. She stayed about 30 yards from me, but I could tell she was giving serious thought to coming closer.

Latest posts

Back