what is the max number of weeks to keep at veg stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slinky

Reaction score
i have 2 plants 14 inches high,2 more at 11 inches high and 1 at 9 inches high, but i am going away for a week and have asked a neighbour to feed and water them but i want to wait until i get back on the 26th of this month before i flower them as i want to keep an eye on them myself. is it safe to veg them this long. by the 26th they will have vegged for 10 weeks.

Hey Slinky, it's mostly a matter of how much vertical room you have.

The plants will double and maybe even triple in height during flowering. You'll have to make sure you have enough space above your light to finish the crop.

Good luck to you man!

i have6 foot in height with my light as high as it will go,as well as having a isolating verticle fan and a oil filled heater on a shelf half way up the wall timed to come on. so is it safe to keep them in veg till 26th of this month this will be the 10th week then. they are really bushy too. good sign?

whats up slinky...speaking from personal experience....i did the same thing....mine vegged for like 7 weeks and was bushy...at 7 weeks it was like 19" tall....everyone gave the same warnings about height....its most important but just be careful with those bushy plants....mine is actually in need of a bigger(wider) grow space...it did double in height but it also seem to want to open up and expand out when i put it into flower... i still have plenty of vertical room but if it were much tighter side to side, it might mean problems.....keep in mind...its my first grow too....but my experience sounds similar....all im saying is that while height is important....so is side room for those "bushy" plants....

what problems might i have if the space is getting to small as they grow. plants are magic bud feminised seeds by the way.hope you can enlighten me

to be honest with you....I dont know EXACTLY.....by that i mean:my plant at this stage is all bunched in and it seems like i would probably have more bud sites if the light were getting to more fan leaves....when its bunched up like it is....really only the top gets the best light....if it had more space...perhaps the fan leaves and nodes could expand out allowing lower nodes to get more light....they say that the lower part of the plant has the most potential for bud site growth...though ive not seen it in mine.....dont get me wrong though...in many ways I think that a bushy plant is a blessing esp for a first time grower....really massive and probably produces more overall bud than one of those skinnier plants you see on here that really only seem to grow bud out from the main stem...however, it still seems like if it had more room to expand and the light could get to the lower leaves, it would produce even more bud.....since i dont know any further dangers of tight spaces, if i were you I would post a ques on that alone and maybe some more experienced growers can enlighten you and I both on possible problems....

sounds like you need to do what i needed to. do a tiedown to expose the fanleaves and they will start growing. iv only been tied down 4 days and the have already grown an inch

Latest posts

Back