What is this visitorto my greenhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoLady

Reaction score
New critter in the garden. Is it a grasshopper? Wings looklike leaves.

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3288.JPG

He is a very dapper fellow dressed like that. That is a great picture on the left. I have no idea what kind of leaf hopper that is. Your plants look great Lady. Good to see you again.

Look like a stink bug that can jump real good? Interestin find pilgrem, is it eatin yur leaves? Does it stink? Go head take a sniff sees what it do?

BWD

I get those in my garden, I call them red eyed monster grasshoppa's. The ordinary Grass Hoppa's here are more of a brown color.

Good to see you Colorado! Hope you are having a good summer. Your greenhouse looks awesome!

Think I'll pass on smelling it and don't have a bugger hole......I hope!!!

It has since disappeared. Sure was pretty, except for it's head.

Hi TC....Hi Rosebud....How's the gardens? Hot and dry here. Snow is gone, runoff is gone and rivers low. And no rain yet. Already asking us to conserve water for the farmers and ranchers. And high 90s so greenhouse up to 120. Had to buy some shade clothe to cool it down some in the afternoon. Nice to hear from both of you and thanks for the answers all of you.

Looks like some funky grasshopper to me, get it...Grass hopper, look how its legs look so much like fan leaf stems, "Isnt nature wonderful hey ya ya ya ya"

I am glad you are ok and not affected by the fires, I hope. So sad those fires.

ColoradoLady said:
Think I'll pass on smelling it and don't have a bugger hole......I hope!!!

It has since disappeared. Sure was pretty, except for it's head.

Hi TC....Hi Rosebud....How's the gardens? Hot and dry here. Snow is gone, runoff is gone and rivers low. And no rain yet. Already asking us to conserve water for the farmers and ranchers. And high 90s so greenhouse up to 120. Had to buy some shade clothe to cool it down some in the afternoon. Nice to hear from both of you and thanks for the answers all of you.

I was just yankin ankle mamme sorry ifin I upset ya or made yual grossed out.
Sorry

BWD

That is a green bodied leaf muncher. If she visits again feed "her" to the fish before she sows some seeds that you don't want in yer greenhouse :eek:

Hushpuppy said:
That is a green bodied leaf muncher. If she visits again feed "her" to the fish before she sows some seeds that you don't want in yer greenhouse :eek:

thats actually interesting to me, at first glance, she looks like she's preditory/beneficial, rather then a leaf eater. that sux, she seems like a cool bug to have around in an outdoor garden.

Colorado, I do believe those will eat leaf. The small brown brothers eat leaf too. Those are the guys I kill on site, brown or green, they die if I can catch them. If you look at it as relative to size, they don't eat much.

Hope those fires are far from you.

Caught the pretty muncher last night and sent her/him on their way. And no offence Drifter....I'm too old to get riled by much anymore.

We're very lucky, most of the fires are on the other side of the Rockies. Have had a few nearer but they are out. Our hearts break for all the people near the fires. Husband picked up a motorcycle in Fort Collins a couple of days ago and said it was bad just breathing.

THANK YOU FIREFIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back