what is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
:confused::confused:Help can any one tell me what this is for i got this from a friend whos friend is gone and he said its a good light for my grow the bulb is 1000w but i'm not sure how to use this it has a motor:eek: im starting my grow closet i have a lady on 24 now and will be getting 2 more lady clones in a few days here is a picture of the lite and my 4week old lady

WITH LIGHT 028.jpg

WITH LIGHT 025.jpg

WITH LIGHT 029.jpg

I have no clue, looks like a make shift HID light. Have you tried plugging it in already?

Did you carve that pumpkin bud.uncle? Sorry, don't mean to change the subject. When you plug it in I would do it outside with an extension cord lol. If that baby blows you don't want it taking your house with it.

that looks unsafe. I would get a metal encasement of some sort to house that ballast.

Yes thats the ballast and the reflectour. If i were you i would build some type of enclosure and rewire that thing properly. Also clean it up...

Hope your not growing in a small space because you'll have problems with heat.

sorry to bump the thread,but timmy are u still on for the dam?

bud.uncle said:
In its current state that there looks

Unsafe

Have you plugged it in n tried it?
yes i did and it works its to generate the light that is 1000w its pretty intence:eek: just not sure when to use it:hubba:

is that duct tape i see being used to insulate the wires ??? NEVER use duct tape as it contains metal and can cause real crappy problems

no offence my friend..but i would keep the bulb..and give your friend back his crap..JMO..take care and be safe

it looks like its right next to a fake christmas tree i wouldnt plug that thing in near that tree, unless you want to burn down your house.

Im sure if you clean that ballast up and fix the connections with some wire nuts that ballast looks fine.

I would use it as soon as you do.

Latest posts

Back