What is wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBFan said:
Hi Rose- It shouldn't set you back as far as maturation, but will definitely impact yield. Looking much better though.

:yeahthat:

My exact thoughts too.

I believe you saved her in time to not lose more then 25 to 35% of what the yield would have been.

soil :D

Flushing out salt buildups with PHd water. Salt can blockout nutrient uptake, as well as PH.

Update:

I know what i did wrong. I have always used a little happy from along with the FFOF to add mycho.. I finally remembered that I had gone real heavy on the Happy Frog and light on the FFOF as I ran out of that. Happy frog is half as strong as ffof. That is what I did wrong, the other thing is it was way too hot in there this summer. So thank you guys. It was operator error.

PS. the plants in question are not ripe yet! they are at 10 weeks and usually come down at 9. I see mostly clear, little cloudy. weird huh?

Rosebud said:
PS. the plants in question are not ripe yet! they are at 10 weeks and usually come down at 9. I see mostly clear, little cloudy. weird huh?

Weird indeed, but I always seem to find some type of anomaly with every grow.

So you think the FFOF has more organic nutrients in it? I've never used FFOF but I do use some Happy Frog from time to time. I even got some burn on some seedlings in it, so I thought it kind of hot.

Hope things keep getting better for you Rose! :)

I learned that happy frog has nutes to last 3 weeks and ffof has it for 5.
I was not giving my plants enough to eat. Playing catchup doesn't work in organics, do you think?
My new dirt will work better I hope. Thanks BBF.

Rosebud said:
I was not giving my plants enough to eat. Playing catchup doesn't work in organics, do you think?

Glad you figured it out Rose....yeah growing all organic is like walking a tight rope with no net below sometimes. I hve been researching it for a while now trying to decide if I want to give it a run and it seems in organics if you get behind the 8 ball a bit it can be hard to make quick corrections because things take longer to kick in. I feed by eye and rely on how quickly the Chem nutrients will allow me to catch up to a hvy feeder. I will definitely gve organics a try someday. I like the idea of it and wldnt mind cooking up a soil mix that will feed my ladies from start to finish and all I hve to do is water:) . And the fact that ph is not as important in organics is a cherry on top.

i hope you do it sometime Hammy. It would be fun to see what you think the difference, if any, would be in the grow taste, etc.

Rosebud said:

Same here rose, the happyfrog's not doing it for me, I'm gonna use it for my clones only, Going back to my regular mix, well I've got 60 gallons of refurbished used soil for my next grow, well actually my next grow is planted, mostly in pure happy frog, I'll just feed them some, for sure alaong the way, the grow after will be in a used 3 little birds mix.

Rosebud said:
I was not giving my plants enough to eat.

yea thats what i was thinkin ... i been through that many many times with organics , but wont give up till my dirt is perfect :D

you 'll get it right too ..... i love organics :icon_smile:

soil ;)

Hey, it's not surprising that the harvest is running behind. It seems like anytime you have plants that get sick or damaged that they lose a week or two on their completion schedule. I wouldn't worry so long as they look relatively healthy. Just let them set their new schedule and watch them closely.

Well, those two plants are drying on a rack now after 11 weeks and they usually take 8. I will guess I get 1/3 of my usual harvest out of her. I learned some things so that is good. I didn't take pictures of her last day as she looked terrible and I don't need a picture to remember this. Thanks again for all your help.

i know this makes you wanna puke but in my opinion you have to have an instant food layin around until the dirt is perfect.

even if its fox farm grow big. thats an almost organic food with enough instant in it to act fast.

i use MG 24-8-16 when they need food NOW.

soil :D

I got half the harvest...3 oz total...would have been 6 if not so stressed. I am happy with that though. I have learned a lot... Sometimes i have trouble with the "no swearing" part of this forum...ha.
Thanks a million soil for sticking with me through this.

Gosh darn I know what you mean!! Hey Rose I learned some things on your grow also. look into micro nutrient supplements, I think thats what Soils talking about, suppose to fix defieciencys quicker, most of my no swearing applies to my spelling, lol, anyway I 'm currently useing Earth juices Micro-Blast for foliar spraying etc, I couldn't find mineral matrix, my usual ace in the hole!! I guess the micro gets in quicker, I don't know, But they work!!

SKAGITMAGIC said:
Gosh darn I know what you mean!! Hey Rose I learned some things on your grow also. look into micro nutrient supplements, I think thats what Soils talking about, suppose to fix defieciencys quicker, most of my no swearing applies to my spelling, lol, anyway I 'm currently useing Earth juices Micro-Blast for foliar spraying etc, I couldn't find mineral matrix, my usual ace in the hole!! I guess the micro gets in quicker, I don't know, But they work!!

first off , this no cussin s#it has to go. this is a f$ckin pot forum , come on.

ok enough of that , the mods will burn me up. :cool:

Be careful with the EJ micro-blast magic. its a very good micro nute , but its a chemical an only needs to be used once or twice a month.

what i was talking about magic , is not micro nutes , but instant food.
when a fully organic grower does not have their dirt perfect i believe they need "instant" foods layin around to help when a emergency def pops up.

when i say "instant" i just mean chemical. chem foods are available to the plant instantly as to where organics need broken down just for the plant to be able to use it.

i feed with only water , but when the soil aint pumpin out enough food i have to put a couple of drops of MG in the water an that gives them the instant boost they need right now, then i go back to the only water schedule ...... then when i perfect my dirt , i wont need anything but water, an im pretty close to that now.

alright enough babblin ;)

Well rose you learned the hard way which in my opinion is always the best way. The very worst thing about plants is when they get sick or die an you never knew why :mad:
at least you didnt go through that one this time.

Much love rose , an would love to see your next ones.

soil :icon_smile:

It was my understanding that the chemical nutes didn't mix well with the organic live stuff in the dirt!! I'd heard that the chemicals damaged the little eco system, the way the micro-nutrient supplements read, is the're formulated to fix the deficiences now!! I haven't done a foliar with the EJ yet, I ran out of my regular stuff called mineral Matrix, 100% organic,100% vegan, I thought it was instant food!! Anyway i'm having a ton of problems with some weird plant sickness that arrived with 3 sick plants, I'm gonna just start fresh real quick, new everything, Heading for Oregon!! getting new Nutes and plants, With all the trouble though, the trainwrecks just hummin along,

Ya know, i have been thinking about this. I don't know if one dose of a chemical fert would kill everything beneficial in your soil or not. I need to be more open minded about the thought of using a chemical for a quick fix. Maybe had I done that with these two plants i would have had a usual harvest.

Skag, arent you using happy frog which i think i will change the name to sad frog? that is when all my stuff started. I have wanted to try earthjuice. I have all the roots organic line. I look forward to donating the whole thing when I get my dirt up and ready and see that it really will eliminate my need for nutes. So I won't get any EJ.

Ya, Rose I bought a ton of HF when it went 5 bucks a C/F, My plants look great in it, real healthy. I've got scale though, I've been working with the UW ag. Extension in Mt. Vernon, These gals got all excited about me comeing to them with MJ problems, and hope I come back , though they don't wish any problems on me lol. Maybe some of Chefnovelle's old cronies. I'll post in the HoosierPAPA thread!! Ya I wondered about mixing organics and chemical nutes, I'm gonna stay away from it, but like i said my girls are pullin out of the funk, I went to war today, full out assault on the scale, its alumni, and it's affiliates!!

Latest posts

Back