what ive done so far...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crisw69

Reaction score
my first plant was a clone i bought back in april(purple kush he said). not real sure but shes afully good. i planted her out in my yard and i topped her several times to keep her short and bushy. didnt want a hunking big plant in my yard. any way i prepared my room for vegitating and took 4 clones and put them under flourecent lights. i gave them about two month months to grow while i prepared my flowering room. 400w hps. i like to keep my plants small so i start the bud cycle between 12-18 inches. during the first week the plants grew another 5-7 inches. the first two only got me about 2/3 oz. not much, but my goal is not to make a bunch of $ but to keep this strain alive through the winter and always have fresh smoke. my third plant is almost ready and i have a fourth that just started budding. anyways...ive got a descent little cycle going, when i start one budding i make a new clone so ive always got some vegging and some budding. not the biggest, not the best..but i like it and those ive shared with give two thumbs up :)

I'll have to get back to you with pics. My avatar is one I took 3 days ago.

crisw69 said:
I'll have to get back to you with pics. My avatar is one I took 3 days ago.
looking good if you have space add two more plants to your room and upgade to a 1000 watts hps and you will see the magic but not the less that plant look good

With a 400W HPS and a 2 month veg, you should be getting much more than 20 grams or so per plant. You might want to post a little more detail about your space and your grow and maybe we can help you optimize it.

I really like having a perpetual harvest grow myself.

The first two plants I didn't use much nutrients. And they were quite small. On the two I have budding now I starred using some high phosphorus feed twice a week. I can see a difference in these 2. I'm hoping for better results. Would it hurt to feed every day?

Yes. What are you feeding them? I really really recommend getting some nutes formulated for mj like General Hydroponics or Fox Farm. Why are you feeding with a high phosphorus feed? What else is in it?

I'm feeding them a mix of 12-56-6. I read either on this site or another that when budding they need more phosphates than anything else.

Ty for the tips. I know the nutrients is where I have the most to learn. I'll check those out.

On my second batch of clones I started using the miracle grow 6 month feed soil. Where on the first bunch I just used regular potting soil. Plus while vegging I add a plant tone that's 5-5-5. I've noticed that my new plants are a lot more bushy and the stalks are about 3x as thick as the first bunch. I'm going to look into the ginormous and the fox farm nutes for budding.

crisw69 said:
On my second batch of clones I started using the miracle grow 6 month feed soil. Where on the first bunch I just used regular potting soil. Plus while vegging I add a plant tone that's 5-5-5. I've noticed that my new plants are a lot more bushy and the stalks are about 3x as thick as the first bunch. I'm going to look into the ginormous and the fox farm nutes for budding.
hey my friend my advise its that every time you dealing with clones use no nuts and prefer soil with no nuts at all sure they might be looking healthy now but remember mg its most quimicals and some clones are more sensitive to nutes you dont want to transplant and after that shock burn them with nutes just my advice good growing

PuffinNugs said:
i never have a issue with clones or seedlings being burned in it. have 6 new clones in the stuff just the other night.
what kind of clone do you have ? aand how much you pay for that bag of MG?

well if it works for you good just givi ng my advise i have been growing for more than 10 years and MG its at the end of my list and pretty sure at the end of any experience grower and if you dont belive me lets start a thread on MG vs HF Or FF

but againg if it works for you good for you maybe make a test side by side

PuffinNugs said:
well i do have sour kush in FFOF/Happy Frog Mix and same cuts in the MG

problem is ones in a smart pot and one is not.
once more good for you i am just giving my advice here

my outside plant

IMAG0096.jpg

Yeah, for someone starting out (or most of us growing awhile) MG soil, especially that 6mo nuted stuff isn't a good choice! I personally want to have control of the feed they're getting.

Nice green gal, Cris!!

Latest posts

Back