what kind of led grow lights are you using now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, the bottom picture (from previous post) of the 2 lights was taken on 2-27-19 and the right pot, in front, is the Auto OG Kush that was just getting it's first 2 leaves then. Top picture of the bud with Thrichomes was from "this" plant, taken 4-13-19. In the previous picture taken on 2-27-19 (above) that is a dwarf orange tree in the middle.

Below is the marijuana plant you see on the left of the picture, taken just the other day. * Edited for clarity

20190408_131328 (Custom).jpg

file.php

这就是我正在使用的。

I have two sizes of tents each with a Platinum LED.

Before purchase (in spring 2016), I emailed Platinum and asked them which lights would work best for my size tents, and I purchased what they recommended.

2 x 4 Tent with Platinum P600 & 2 x 2.5 Tent with Platinum P300

These lights have separate Veg and Flower switches which I like very much. They fill their respective tents reasonably well, but I don't feel either of them hits the corners very well. This sorta surprised me becuae the P600 is a long and skinny light, that really fits the 2x4 space nicely. I have not done a PAR test or anything, but it is pretty easy to see the corners/edges are noticeably dimmer. I have used this two years now with reasonable success considering the multitude of "all the regular/beginner growing mistakes" I made along the way.

These tents, fans and rather EXPENSIVE lights were pretty BIG money for me to jump into home growing. I went big for first grow, but I live in Mass and I got all nutso excited when things went legal here. :) So for the first 2 years, that $$$ kit was not changed or added to in any way.

However this year I am adding in some low cost fluorescent lights to augment the vegetative growth phase. I am trying to stack my nodes a bit tighter. My thoughts are to simply add more light, but from a totally different "spectrum" source (is that even a thing?) :) Effectively combining whatever comes out of both types (LED and fluorescent).

I added a 2 foot $20 fluorescent light I found at my local Hydro store, and hung it about 6-8 inches below the LED in back of tent. I think it is a nice addition and may add some others. My tent is bright as hell, but I don't think the combo will be too intense and burn plans as long as I keep my distance (20+ inches for LED to canopy).

I am curious if others have done similar combos with any noticeable success??

Thanks!

My LED plants are pretty impressive but they have never been as robust as when they shared the room with hps. I did away with the hps supplements because of the heat but they made a diff.

Thanks. I would expect the HPS would make a positive diff and certainly add heat. :) I am hoping these low cost fluorescent lights can add some spectrum to the LEDs without the heat or threats of burning plants.

Seconded. SolStrip SolSheet X's deliver the PAR intensity a SpydrX at a quarter of the cost. Best bang for the buck in LED today.
Well I have a spydr+, a razr, and build my own solstrip array. I also run double ended HPS. Not all in the same space, lol. And you are wrong about your assessments. I replace 2 1000 w HPS screw in base air cooled lights for 1 spydr+.

I use my solstrip in a breeding box I built. It could never cover the same area as a spydr+. I use it in my tent, which is 4x8x8. As to the spydr, Cali is one of the most competitive markets ...

You didn't mention what your budget is, but most lights suggested here have been on the pricey side. Here is a true 150 watt light I have been testing out, seems to be working quite well,
Matristar SMART S1 quiet, cool and less than $200. https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/blackberry-og-bloom.76386/
This light uses Osram leds and the PAR readings are great, check out a video they have that shows the actual PAR test being performed.

Do you still use ventilation fans as compared to HID?

yeah, ventilation fans help to remove heat buildup and cycle in fresh air for your plants. They also stop your lights from overheating.

Right now, i am using the quantum board LED. It is Mars SP250. So far so good. It is worthy of the price. I just cared about the heat a little.

Latest posts

Back