What kind of soil for germing seeds???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Energizer

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my second grow now and have had problems on what kind of soil to use after I germinate my seeds. I drop them in water and after they crack I put them in soil. I used fox farm ocean forest last time and it seemed to burn my babies and didnt get a good sprout rate. Can anyone suggest what brand of soil to buy that would be ideal for this? I really dont feel like making my own.

Thanks 2 anyone that can help!

I've always just used soil from my garden,

Although i normally start them in a damp kitchen tissue, in a tupperware box...

I wouldnt use any soil with strong nutes, the plants dont need them at this age

i agree with Ad1..they certainly don't need any nutes the first couple weeks...see if you can find a small bag of just regular seedling potting soil...it is just a simple organic mix with no additives

thats what i use....and works just great ;)

i used peat pellet after they germinate. I keep using it untill i see roots growing outside the walls of the peat pellet. Its a great root starter, theres no nutes in it.

Thanks for the help everyone! I decided to go with supersoil, I've heard good things from others so I'm hoping 4 the best. After I get past the sprout stage everything seems to go fine, its just getting that seed to that stage which is difficult for me.

I germed the seeds in water till the tail started to stick out then stuck them in 50/50 soil and perlite. My question is how much should I water them? Once a day? Wait until the top layer is dry? I heard when sprouting seeds you want to keep things pretty moist. How do you guys do it? This is the most difficult part of growing mj for me. :(

Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Back