What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nilla420

Reaction score
I'm eight weeks into flowering, my plants are almost done, but one plant has some small imature seeds in its smaller under buds. I don't see any seeds in the top colas of the same plant, or in any other plant. This is my second grow, and it is all from bag seed. I understand there is more of a chance to get some hermies/seeds if you use random seeds I'm just wondering what I should do now. Should I cut off all the small buds that have seeds? Should I harvest the entire plant a little early?(I am almost dry) Or is there no more damage that can be done so just leave it be?

This picture is of my garden at about 7 weeks. The top colas of the plant in question is the one in the very center of pic, plus the two buds that look like balls to the left of the center one. I'll try to get some recent pics when light is on if needed. Thank god the rest of my garden is seedless...

15BD4978-D0F7-D3BF-F09A51BC71512D04.jpg

Hey Nilla, Are you worried about potency- is that why you were thinking of cutting the seeded bud off?

If you harvest early you will lose some potency and yield but 8 weeks sounds close enough so it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

Unless there was pollen in that room, the seeds wont produce more seeds by themselves so cutting them off won't make a difference- if that's what you were worried about.

BTW They look like they're really coming along great! Looks like you'll have some fine weed on your hands soon.... :)

The reason why I was thinking about cutting off the seeded buds, or harvesting entire plant is that I was worried about it ruinning my entire garden. I thought for that one plant to have some seeds it had to be pollinated from a hermie bud that would more than likely be on the same plant, and I wouldn't want the hermie to pollinate the rest of my garden. Is it possible to get some seeds with out pollination? I don't see any other seeds, and the seeds I am seeing are only on the younger under buds, and the seeds are very imature. My thoughts were that maybe I got a hermie late in flowering, but none of my other plants have seeds, and I have to rotate my garden a lot so it wouldn't be hard for a little pollen to travel through my garden. Is it possible to get some seeds with out hermies, or should I be worried about the rest of my garden getting polinated?

Latest posts

Back