What should my exspectations be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

degenerative_disc

Good Day my Friends!

Well I have my room completed now and have started to germinate my seeds. I want to get 6 seeds started with the hopes that out of those 6 I will get 4 females.

As some of you are aware I have upgraded my hobbo set up from 2 100w hps light as well as some smaller flos to a 400w MH lamp.

Here lies my question. I did very well I thought with my hobbo setup last summer and produced enough budd from my set up to fill 2 mason jars with reasonably good quality budd for my first attempt.

Will this upgrade to the 400w MH lamp make me a happier person? I have posted a couple of picks. The first one is the old hobbo setup and the second is the upgraded setup.

Will this upgrade improve my quality? Will it improve my amounts? Will it improve budd density? etc etc...

What should my exspectations be with this upgrade?

Pic 002 is old set up and the other pic is new but as you can see the 400w light is not on yet and the 4' flows you see in the pic are just use to start veg and will be removed onse the are ready to flower and then it will just be the 400w MH and the flos u see on the back wall.

Thanks to all who respond!

Cheers!!!

I love my 400 mh for vegging! you should be doing great with it. I would expect more bud.

Im not real sure if lighting has much to do with "quality" however you can expect your "quantity" to increase, also save those hps from your hobo setup to use during flower

Realy? Do you think adding the 2 small 100w hps lights to this setup would make that much more difference?

I want to be carefull just how much I show up on the energy grid were I live so i figured i would just go to the 400w mh. and line of middle flos

Cheers!!!

dd I think you should be looking for a stronger hps light..then you will be set

why 2dogs?
what are your suggestions? Like I said i wanted to upgrade from my little hobbo set up but i dont need to go to big nor do I want to spend large ammounts on my hydro bill.
I found the need to upgrade a little and I thought the jump from a couple 100w hps bulbs to the one 400w mh would be the perfect little increase i needed.

Please explain what your suggesting?

Cheers!!!

2Dog said:
dd I think you should be looking for a stronger hps light..then you will be set

:yeahthat: or get one of those mh-hps conversion bulbs, because hps is what you want to flower under

well if you have weak lighting during flowering the plants will stretch more and have less bud sites, the sites wont be as dense, and less bud will get good penetrating light. For 4 plants a 250 watt hps may do..or a 400 would give you more growing room in case you get all females.. it isnt a have to thing its a I want more/better bud and make it worth my time growing kind of thing...or even better veg them under your 400 and put them under the sun to flower..free.

Hang on, Double D. We've got some around here who grow good bud with straight MH, no HPS. One of them will weigh in sooner or later.

Just idle chatter, but there's a renewed approach out there to mixing some bluer light in with the red for flower. My last HPS purchase was another brand and it looks almost blue next to the orange glow from the old HPSs--but the plants love it.

My vote is that you'll be fine, have more bud, denser bud and better quality bud with the new 400. Those 100s had to be rinky.

I am kind of committed now to the 400w Mh for this season. I can still do well with it right? I cant spend anymore cash for this season. Or maybe I should scrap the 400w idea and just re fire up the 2 100w hps again. I was happy with what they did for me. I thought the 400w would be a nice change though.

Cheers!!!

I would use the 400...is sun not an option at all?

Here is an example of what I got from my hobbo set up with the 2 100w hps lights and i was happy with it. GREAT SMOKE! if the 400w mh does better then this I win right.

Cheers!!!

No cant use sun
Cant risk anyone finding out my wife dosent even know folks!

Tell no one!!!

Cheers!!!

MH are great star (not the best in my opinion), but as far as what to expect well u always have to be prepered for nothing ( a lot of time for mistake and it dosent take much) but on another hand u can get few pounds if u find miracle.
Good luck

DD.. personally i would get rid of your MH.. and swap it for a 400w hps.
you will get less heat and more lumens from the hps.. also the right light spectrum for flower.....i veg and flower with hps only.. personal choice i guess.
but you will find better results in your veg and in your buds from running a hps.. get rid of the cfl's as there taking up more power and putting off more heat then your getting from them..
thats what i think DD..
LH

Sorry cant swap as I stated earlier the money has been spent. My choices are 400w mh upgrade or revert back to the 2 100w hps hobbo sysyem i had in the beginning. It one or the other for this season anyways.

Cheers!!!

degenerative_disc said:
I am kind of committed now to the 400w Mh for this season. I can still do well with it right? I cant spend anymore cash for this season. Or maybe I should scrap the 400w idea and just re fire up the 2 100w hps again. I was happy with what they did for me. I thought the 400w would be a nice change though.

Cheers!!!

dude, Im currently flowering under fluoros, so anythings possible, I wouldnt scrap anything, If what you have now is better than what you had before than the result can only be positive

in my personal experience you can veg under fluoros, or mh, or hps
although Ive been told vegging under fluoros or mh is best

in my personal experience you can flower under fluoros, or mh, or hps
although Ive been told flowering under hps is best
IMO whatever light you have to use is better than none at all
so use what you got, and smoke one for me when its done:hubba:

DD I been using a MH conversion bulb for my HPS so why can't you go buy one of these.

Chang the xx to tt

hxxp://www.accessdiscounts.com/sku-69186.html

hxxp://www.google.com/products?q=mh+to+hps+conversion+bulb&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XleFS7NHk_60A7KIzOkP&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQrQQwAA
There all kinds of Conversion bulb for either HPS or MH and if the money is the issue right now then go with a conversion bulb..;)

It works for me can work for you..

degenerative_disc
from expirience my bottom line is hps faster and more ,mh i kept my longer then i would with hps and i got less then i would with hps but in my opinion mh all the way thru grow taste better and i like it more , and yes they will be people telling u that hps is the best bla bla bla some of those people never even used them so nubs repeating what they read, do what u can with what u got and dont spend fortune on this at once its just not worthed take ur time and learn as u grow.

Latest posts

Back