What size exhaust do I need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxom

Reaction score
I need some advice on what size fan I need to keep my grow box at the right temps. A long time ago, I grew using HPS lights, but I'm not familiar at all with these newer LEDs on the market. I'm custom building a box that will have a grow/flour chamber that will be roughly 5' sq. I don't have my notes in front of me right now, but I do remember calculating the chamber to be 80 cubic feet. Having not worked with LEDs before, I'm not sure how big of a fan I will need? Currently, I am looking at using Mars Hydro TSW-2000 for lighting. Suggestions?

a 4" inline fan (195cfm) with an added carbon filter should be ample.

Jaxom is spot on. You should turn the room over 2 1/2 times a minute. But, I live in a dry area so I conserve heat by turning it down in the winter.

So far, nobody's suggested anything otherwise. I was reading a comment on lighting about a month ago, where the Mars Hydro TSW-2000 was mentioned, from Coco. Since I saw their tents on youtube I just checked out what size fan they'd recommend for their 3x3 tent. That's where I came up with the T4 fan. I love the programmability it has! Has anyone used this one before?

While I'm aware you need to exchange the air in your grow to encourage healthy growth, I was also concerned about heat built up from the lights. Since I don't have the experience with LEDs as I do HPS lights, can I get some help with perspective so I know what to expect? My last grow box I used a single 250W HPS. I was using a 400 CFM squirrel fan to keep things cool.

Latest posts

Back