What size exhaust do I need?

Jaxom

Reaction score
I need some advice on what size fan I need to keep my grow box at the right temps. A long time ago, I grew using HPS lights, but I'm not familiar at all with these newer LEDs on the market. I'm custom building a box that will have a grow/flour chamber that will be roughly 5' sq. I don't have my notes in front of me right now, but I do remember calculating the chamber to be 80 cubic feet. Having not worked with LEDs before, I'm not sure how big of a fan I will need? Currently, I am looking at using Mars Hydro TSW-2000 for lighting. Suggestions?

Zekeslowmo

Reaction score
a 4" inline fan (195cfm) with an added carbon filter should be ample.

pute

One Toke Over The Line
Staff member
Reaction score
Jaxom is spot on. You should turn the room over 2 1/2 times a minute. But, I live in a dry area so I conserve heat by turning it down in the winter.

Jaxom

Reaction score
So far, nobody's suggested anything otherwise. I was reading a comment on lighting about a month ago, where the Mars Hydro TSW-2000 was mentioned, from Coco. Since I saw their tents on youtube I just checked out what size fan they'd recommend for their 3x3 tent. That's where I came up with the T4 fan. I love the programmability it has! Has anyone used this one before?

While I'm aware you need to exchange the air in your grow to encourage healthy growth, I was also concerned about heat built up from the lights. Since I don't have the experience with LEDs as I do HPS lights, can I get some help with perspective so I know what to expect? My last grow box I used a single 250W HPS. I was using a 400 CFM squirrel fan to keep things cool.

Latest posts