what size fan for a small room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShuttyMcShutShut

Reaction score
Im looking at the votex fans for exhaust. My only question is that my room is 2' x 4' x 8'. A 6" Vortex moves 449CFM....that seems like a lot for such a small room....i dont want do draw in so much air that I actually keep the room cooler than is needed for growth....anyone have any idea what CFM i should aim for?
Peace

W x L x (H x 0.8) will give you the cfm needed for a 1 minute exchange....

HGB said:
W x L x (H x 0.8) will give you the cfm needed for a 1 minute exchange....

So you're saying that a 51.2cfm fan will move the whole room of air in one minute? How is that? The total cubic feet of his room would be 64ft^3. That says to me that a 64CFM (cubic feet per minute) would be what would do it.... why the multiplier of .8??

A fan that moves 600+cfm's should move 10x the room's air in a minute.... sounds sufficient to me....

Fluid1 said:
So you're saying that a 51.2cfm fan will move the whole room of air in one minute? How is that? The total cubic feet of his room would be 64ft^3. That says to me that a 64CFM (cubic feet per minute) would be what would do it.... why the multiplier of .8??

A fan that moves 600+cfm's should move 10x the room's air in a minute.... sounds sufficient to me....

tiss your basic green house air exchange..... thats all that is needed for a 1 minute turn around of air only with a proper intake 3 times the size of the exshuast....

i just took the question as a basic one of how to replace the air as no mention of heat was made...

thats just a starting point number of the cfm's needed in the best of conditions..

I'm vent'n a 10x10 with a 465 and a 200 cfm right now ;)

Latest posts

Back