What size should i make my grow room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz1873

Reaction score
I have got all my stuff for growing now :D I was going to build a grow area up in the attic. I have got the G424 4 foot NFT tray and a 400 watt light. What height should i make my grow area..How big is my plants going to grow when at maximum height. I intend yo build a large door at the from(this means the tray is againt the wall at the back. The sides of the tray are going to be smaller as tray is only 19" wide.

What size should i make my room . Here is the sizes of the grow tray 43.25" x 19" x 8":confused:

Cheers man

Im no experienced grower, but it all depends on how you plan to grow. Do want a Sea Of Green? That's what I would suggest, because with a SOG you can produce a great yeild with very little space, that's what I'm doing. If that is what you want to do, you should give yourself plenty of room for all of your' equipment, some extra room for cloning, and of course some room for you to be able to get in there and keep a good eye on your' babies.

With all of this said, you also have to decide how you plan on moving from phase to phase. What I mean is are you going to veg and flower in the same area, or do you want to be able to have both a veg cycle and a flower cycle running at the same time. You have to decide what you want before anyone can suggest a size for your' grow room.

Also, what kind of 400wt light do you have (MH, hps)?

The Back-packer said:
Im no experienced grower, but it all depends on how you plan to grow. Do want a Sea Of Green? That's what I would suggest, because with a SOG you can produce a great yeild with very little space, that's what I'm doing. If that is what you want to do, you should give yourself plenty of room for all of your' equipment, some extra room for cloning, and of course some room for you to be able to get in there and keep a good eye on your' babies.

With all of this said, you also have to decide how you plan on moving from phase to phase. What I mean is are you going to veg and flower in the same area, or do you want to be able to have both a veg cycle and a flower cycle running at the same time. You have to decide what you want before anyone can suggest a size for your' grow room.

Also, what kind of 400wt light do you have (MH, hps)?

Hi mate
Its a long 4 foot tray i got and was going to make a partition round it and put a door at the front. I know this will be a wide door but atleast i will get right in to check my babies;) I was intending on having 6 plants in the NFT hydroponics system i wasnt going to bother with a veg room. Going to use cutting of a friend and grow them till harvest in the same place. I got a 400 watt HPS light.I also was wondring would it be ok to have a fan blowing from the top of the grow room or is it best inside the grow area.

Cheers

Make it as large and high as you can. You won't regret it. It is best to have a fan inside the grow chamber to strengthen the stems and circulate the air. Good luck and keep us posted on how things go.

TGT

Latest posts

Back