Advertise On Marijuana Passion

What stage am I at ?

Dscpln

Reaction score
@Chad.Westport
@DoingMyBest

Is there a way to tell if there are any caterpillars in my buds? Also, can I do something after harvest to get rid of them? (if any) !

For now I think i'll keep spraying them with the vinegar+soap+ammonia+soda solution and hope for the best !

DoingMyBest

Reaction score
@Chad.Westport
@DoingMyBest

Is there a way to tell if there are any caterpillars in my buds? Also, can I do something after harvest to get rid of them? (if any) !

For now I think i'll keep spraying them with the vinegar+soap+ammonia+soda solution and hope for the best !
Definitely don’t stop treating it. I was admiring a beautiful bud when I saw a caterpillar sitting in the middle of it. Two plants had them after closer investigation. Plant 2 that I thought made it out alive, was a hybrid with tight large buds and I didn’t know it had any caterpillars until I started seeing damage to the buds. I couldn’t find the caterpillars unless I tore the buds apart and still couldn’t find them sometimes. Plant 2 was eaten alive and destroyed within 2 or 3 weeks. I removed those things with tweezers, for weeks, with hubby’s help. He realized I needed help at that point! I doused them in BT half a dozen times and Spinosad about twice. They never went away. They eat the leaves and especially the bud, **** in the buds. What they don’t eat is destroyed. I read that when you harvest and hang upside down they’ll fall out and look for a new food source. I never had any fall out. I have nightmares of smoking dried, dead caterpillars. It’s still curing, what I saved. But that plant 2 had little bud once you trimmed the leaves. It was crazy and so sad. I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m trying to put together a pest management plan for the spring because I have way more pests than I ever imagined in my yard. Often you’ll see the fecal remains, holes in the leaves and/or bud damage, close to where they are. Getting rid of them, or at least controlling them, before a massive infestation is key.

Dscpln

Reaction score
I'm gonna go get some diatomaceous earth tomorrow morning and spray the shit out of them!

Chad.Westport

Reaction score
You should see little **** on the leaves in the areas they entered the bud. Little brown, black dots of ****.

Latest posts