what syatem to buy??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

andy52

i am wanting to try hydro,but am dumb about it all.i have just recently started growing in soil.i want to try it though.i've heard so much about it,better smoke,faster growth,etc.which system would anyone recommend,that would fit inside a 4x4x7 ft tent.really want something nice and easy.would like to grow as many as possible in this size area.with a quality grow. thanks to all.

I think the easiest way to get started is with individual DWC buckets. If you screw up one bucket, you don't kill your whole crop. Nutes can be customized for each individual plant. You can have plants in different stages of growth. It only takes a bucket, lid, net pot, air pump, air stones, medium, and nutes--all inexpensive items. You don't need to worry about drip nozzles or misters clogging. It is easier to keep your reservoir temps cooler. You don't have to worry about clogged return lines.

In a very large grow, individual buckets would take too much time to manage, but in grows the size we have, they are very manageable. I like having plants in different stages of growth and being able to cater to their individual needs. I generally keep 4-6 girls in my grow space at a time, harvesting one plant every 2 weeks or so.

Check out my Journal... I run a 12 bucket grow )

Really easy to do....

CasualGrower said:
Check out my Journal... I run a 12 bucket grow )

Really easy to do....

Real nice setup! How much space have you got? What lighting are you running? I love DWC.

i would say that they are right dwc is the way to go if you want easy. good luck with what ever you decide to go with but i must say i have done a side by side with soil and hydro and there really isn't any difference in the smoke at all to me:rolleyes: maybe if you do decide to try the hydro do a soil along with it and see for your self :hubba: again good luck peace

Heya Hemp Goddess.... Weird thing we almost always reply to the same threads,,,,

I have a approx 6x5 ft room and I run 2 400 watt HPS lights for the blooming room.... I propagate and clone and veg in an upstairs bedroom atm..... I am looking to convert my entire attic to grow area though... Move everything up there, Veg and bloom... but it needs some work 8).

andy52 said:
i am wanting to try hydro,but am dumb about it all.i have just recently started growing in soil.i want to try it though.i've heard so much about it,better smoke,faster growth,etc.which system would anyone recommend,that would fit inside a 4x4x7 ft tent.really want something nice and easy.would like to grow as many as possible in this size area.with a quality grow. thanks to all.

You wont believe how much faster hydro is, I do like the "earthy" flavor from good ole' soil though:hubba: ..

thanks to all for the replies.i am going to keep my soil grow.just want to try one or 2 plants in hydro.just to see the difference.

okay,i ordered a system,well not reall ordered,but a friend has a friend that makes these hydro setups fairly cheap and comes to set it up for ya.but he doesn't make any really small units.the smallest is 24 site and thats what i got.not happy about it after thinking about it.am going with the buckets before i try this setup

Hey andy, I'd get 4 DWC buckets for a 4x4 space under 400 or better 600 watts air cooled. i think you could harvest 2 ounces a plant.
I like the water farms. change nutes once a week and they run themselves.

what could i do with 2 400 watters?or how many buckets? both air cooled

Latest posts

Back