What to do about bottom branches ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrOysterhead said:
the bottom branches dont get to much light , should cut them off to produce more attention to the top ones or leave them on there , any suggestions let me know :lama::rant:
u could give um to me??

Add some CFL's from the bottom.That will help get some light to the lower branches.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

I just look at "what do those bottom branches really produce anyway..... A headache"?

Stunzeed..

I just look at "what do those bottom branches really produce anyway..... A headache"?

Stunzeed..
I recently started pruning in veg and I love the results. Like you said, no more of those lil bitty nothing buds. I would not prune during flowering though.

Cook_ said:
id put some reflective light material on that soil just watch out for bacteria or fungi growing if it does show up use some dish soap water on it but yea and how long have you been vegging my friend seems u shoulda vegged them longer if u flower too early your plant cant produce the flowers like it naturally does so quickly

honestly if i were you i wouldn't put any reflective material on the bottom side of the plants like on the soil or on the ground... all it will do is trick your plant into thinking that other plants are towering over eachother and will cause them to stretch... just thought i would tell you something of personal experience... its really up to you though good luck!

HomeGr0wnHydro said:
honestly if i were you i wouldn't put any reflective material on the bottom side of the plants like on the soil or on the ground... all it will do is trick your plant into thinking that other plants are towering over eachother and will cause them to stretch... just thought i would tell you something of personal experience... its really up to you though good luck!
I dont really think it strecthes as much as it get more light to the undercanopy and this trick isnt for when the plant is very young its when it gets more mature

I recently added 6,250 lumens in fluorescents in my beggining flowering stage. (I did it to add more lumens) and they're not directly above the plant. That would't trick the plant, would it? Even though I have a 250hps agromax bulb which does have 30% more blue spectrum, just thought more lumens and blue spectrum wouldn't hurt.
I'll be checking to see if it stretches more.

Latest posts

Back