What to do... survival odds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindbud

Grower
Reaction score
Ok so posted in the misfits thread but throwing it up here for more options so....
Everything was going good plants looking great and last night it rained a little bit and so I went to check on them earlier and found this pretty positive it was deer I took a bar soap and rubbed it on all the little pine trees and bigger pine trees around they should stay away because of that smell hopefully but what about this girl you think she will make it best thing to do opinions odds of survival what y'all think thanks
PXL_20220628_181718774.jpg
PXL_20220628_181726975.jpg
PXL_20220628_181732423.jpg
PXL_20220628_181802937.jpg
PXL_20220628_181711864.jpg
PXL_20220628_181847506.jpg

Ok so posted in the misfits thread but throwing it up here for more options so....
Everything was going good plants looking great and last night it rained a little bit and so I went to check on them earlier and found this pretty positive it was deer I took a bar soap and rubbed it on all the little pine trees and bigger pine trees around they should stay away because of that smell hopefully but what about this girl you think she will make it best thing to do opinions odds of survival what y'all think thanksView attachment 301482View attachment 301483View attachment 301484View attachment 301486View attachment 301487View attachment 301488
Heartbreaking dude! Oh that must've hurt walking up to that. There are a lot of spray deer repellant that are safe for veggies. Garlic is another one rabbits and deer don't like. Also fill tea bags up with cayenne or capsiacin. Chicken wire will work. Nobody will see it either. It looks healthy still. Have you moved it? Did it kink or did the whole plant, roots and all move? I would leave it alone. She'll probably respond positively. I bend all my plants after they reach about 4 feet to allow the bottom branches to fill out. Works wonderfully. I do that though because the cola buds will rot come harvest season if I keep them upright.

Another thing I use to do is take some 4 pound test line and string it up all around the plants. Deer don't like bumping into things they can't see. And it's weak enough that it won't strangle the deer if they get caught in it. Just make sure it's not close to your girls so if a deer gets spooked and runs through it, it won't tangle up in the plants.

Look on the island of misfits posted there pat gave me a suggestion and I ran with it didn't move her leaving her alone I will water her tonight I did yesterday afternoon but again won't hurt.... Oh and I sprayed all there berry's that were nearby paybacks a bltch
PXL_20220628_191958319.jpg
PXL_20220628_191648191.jpg
PXL_20220628_191803233.jpg

prop that baby up and wrap it with some gorilla tape , stake it up and it will be good to go

I’ve seen a lot worse scenarios , ask me how I know , that were worse than yours and the plant pulled out of it

you can leave her laying on the ground too and it will still recover to a degree

i would go all in if the bet was will this plant survive YES

You could also set up some booby traps with the fishing string and some aluminum cans or pie pans. If you have a battery powered radio you could leave it out there and play the radio. Spray the whole area with a mixture of some garlic and cayenne.

You could also set up some booby traps with the fishing string and some aluminum cans or pie pans. If you have a battery powered radio you could leave it out there and play the radio. Spray the whole area with a mixture of some garlic and cayenne.
Yea I sprayed with pine sol and rubbed bar of soap on the trees if anything is bothered again I'll smoke a big joint and sit out there with a 44 all night and have me a freezer full of fresh meat lol

Really after I eat I'll go check on her prop her all the way back up and stake it so it stays up and I have Teflon tape should I use that idk how broken it is uncovered it a little bit saw it still had roots connected so I left it alone

Let's see what happens I think she'll survive and pull through just make her stronger I just stood her up and watered her and pressed the soil down cuz I didn't want to uncover it cause more damage she seemed pretty strong when I bent her back up I've got another one that same thing ran into it but I 90% believe it's a male so it's going to leave it see what happens to it

PXL_20220628_231808070.jpg
PXL_20220628_231816035.jpg
PXL_20220628_231822822.jpg

This is the other one I believe is a male it's laying on some brush leaving it like that 90% it's a male

PXL_20220628_232124713.jpg

PXL_20220628_231939786.jpg

Please oh please 🙏 creator of the universe let her survive and no more heart dropping plant injuries this is the first I've had this happen and I've grown on the same property multiple years bad stuff dig around them before but never run them over like this dam deer's are attracted to the berry's that are around the thicket they are in go around the plants dammit not run them over :(

Please oh please 🙏 creator of the universe let her survive and no more heart dropping plant injuries this is the first I've had this happen and I've grown on the same property multiple years bad stuff dig around them before but never run them over like this dam deer's are attracted to the berry's that are around the thicket they are in go around the plants dammit not run them over :(
Amen 🥰
Don’t worry that plant is gonna make it. Just give her a little splint for a while.

Latest posts

Back