What to do with 40 clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Landing

Okay, so last time I tried to clone I took 80 cuttings and 77 of them died.

So, this time around, I took about 100 cuttings.

Only problem is, this time, 40 of them survived. In fact, they thrived. Never seen such long roots!

Anyway, the question is - what do I do with them?

I don't have much room until my SCroG is done (about 5 weeks away), and I don't have any more lights..

Ideas?

use this as an example for: "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."

honestly, I "throw away" 30 or so clone-able cuts every grow, and I only grow 1 plant!

use this as an example for: "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."

honestly, I "throw away" 30 or so clone-able cuts every grow, and I only grow 1 plant!

Well, surely there is something that can be done with them.. hate to just throw them out.

I wish I could sell them. Say, for $30 a plant. It's more expensive than a seed but it's guaranteed and you don't have to worry about going to jail because your package was intercepted (a big concern here).

Only problem is, I doubt anyone would agree to this.

If I can't find any other way, I'll just take them and plant them around town in various areas.

I never throw cuts away. Don't take this as bragging.... I usually get 100% to root, so i will only take 2-4 extras. If you can get your cloning skillz dialed in you would be much better off.

How do you take your clones if you don't mind my asking?

Do you have a heat mat under them?

Do you use a dome? Maybe an EasyCloner?

What is your medium for the cuts?

I could turn that pile of trimming into 30 or so new plants but I only have room for ONE in flower so... why do it?

Yes, I totally feel its a waste (too) but...
I don't have friends who grow to give them too, I'm already trying to stay STEALTH so selling/giving to strangers is out of the question and, along those lines, playing Jonney Hemp Seed sounds like fun but get caught on one CC security cam... just not worth it.

EDIT:
aeroponic clone bucket

View attachment PICT0848.jpg

View attachment PICT0716.jpg

Get a 400 watt hps, a 2×4 grow tent and s.o.g. those babies. Straight to flower...you should be able to pull at least 7g per plant. If you buy your supplies from say craigslist or ebay you can get set for under 500 bucks.

if i don't have a home for over cloning they get culled when they out grow the space

what ever happened with your scrubber issue landing?

Planting them around town is really not a good idea. First of all, plants left on their own don't really do real well and the chances of getting caught are simply too high. The danger of selling clones would be huge, too. Bottom line is that there is no good way to sell something like rooted clones without taking a huge risk.

If you are going to grow, you are going to have to learn that sometimes you have to throw plants away. Look at this as a cloning lesson--you got about 40% this time. Next time should be better. I just see all of the suggestions you have made as highly dangerous. Keep as many as you can for as long as you can. When you get too crowded, keep the best cuts and throw the rest into the compost.

i always take three cuttings if I want two clones. It usually works. Good luck.

imo throwing the extra clones away is a step that you take between being a newb and being an experienced grower...

I just tossed out about 100 cuttings for the first time in my life.

I never tossed cutting. I just couldn't. This is why my rooms were always overcrowded. Like Zem said, I finally began to realize that sometimes, you just have to. There will be plenty more where that came from.

Or, do like I did and..... buy another tent. LOL

imo throwing the extra clones away is a step that you take between being a newb and being an experienced grower...

I think my dad called that culling. Very good point Zem.

Thanks, guys.

I just feel like there should be a third option.

Option one, keep them and grow 2g per plant under CFL.
Option two, throw them away.
Option three, use the opportunity to enlarge your operation.

Only problem is, if I get another light I'm going to be drawing close to 4,000w, i.e. it will be too suspicious.

I think I might still plant some around town. It's the rainy season after all.
They may not survive, but why does it matter? I'll come and check on them weekly before sunrise.

Maybe someone will stop by and think "Hey, that's neat." Better than chucking 'em.

Do not plant them around town--I would hate it if people around here did that. Cannabis left on its own does not grow well and goes feral. Chucking them is far better than letting them go feral. You have to be a responsible grower.

More smaller plants are going to be way harder to take care of than a couple of larger ones. Taking care of 40 plants individually to end up with less than 3 ozs seems rather labor heavy and reward slim.

Option 2 IMO is the best. If you would put yourself at risk with that many watts, it is foolhardy to even consider it.

More smaller plants are going to be way harder to take care of than a couple of larger ones. Taking care of 40 plants individually to end up with less than 3 ozs seems rather labor heavy and reward slim.
Unless they grew in sog...with the right set up you could easily yeild a pound from 40 clones. But i agree that these should be tossed and def not planted around town.

Thanks, guys.

I just feel like there should be a third option.

Option one, keep them and grow 2g per plant under CFL.
Option two, throw them away.
Option three, use the opportunity to enlarge your operation.

Only problem is, if I get another light I'm going to be drawing close to 4,000w, i.e. it will be too suspicious.

I think I might still plant some around town. It's the rainy season after all.
They may not survive, but why does it matter? I'll come and check on them weekly before sunrise.

Maybe someone will stop by and think "Hey, that's neat." Better than chucking 'em.

I am assuming you would be throwing these clones directly into flower you said if you got another light it would put you at 4000 watts which would seem like alot but if all lights are on a flowering schedule currently you could offset them where you are only running 2000 watts constantly but I am not familiar with your setup either but just saying :)

u got 4k watts---no reason at all u can't comfortably bust out 40 plants---4k watts why u messin' round with cfl's? man

i would listen to the granny mod---cull the plants you cannot keep or gift them to a fellow grower

what happened to the impervious house?

I've never heard of marijuana going 'feral'. What does this mean?

I was just considering planting a few of them near a pond or something at the public park.

And I have 3,400w. 4x 600w and 1x 1000w. The 5th 600w ballast has been sent away to be repaired. I don't know if I should go up to 4,000w.. seems a bit much. I can get 4lb. out of 3,400w MINIMUM, so I'm good.

As for the clones.. yeah, I'm doing a SOG at the moment. I have 11 8 liter pots and I'm going to veg them for a while first.

Then, I'm probably going to finish my Blue Cheese, Bubblegummer, O.G. Kush, Dr. Seedsman grow and throw all those away because my carbon filter can't handle them.

More on the smell issue tomorrow, orange.

Let me get this all into perspective...

Your going to be growing 4lbs (MININUM) in an apartment grow that had/has odder problems and draws 3400w.
-and-
You want to go around planting plants in a public park...

Bro', (I think) your head'n for a whole lot of trouble.

PS
feral = wild;
feral cats: cat's that were pets or who's parents were pets who revert back to a wild (no owner) existence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back